That Never Ending T&T Path!

/ That Never Ending T&T Path!
Well, I had hoped to be reporting success long before now...

And I had hesitated to say anything about the poor permormance of Hydraulichosefittings.com...

But I must tell you that I am a bit ticked about being charged in full for the order I place on 28 September, and I still have not received half of it, which is the 17 hoses I ordered, even though they charged my credit card for the full order back on the 28 of last month. Today is October 18, 7:30 pm...

Who knows what happeded. I got the fittings I ordered after a week or so...but no hoses. During the second week I called, emailed, and finially faxed them. Almost a week after I started trying to contact them, I did get a call back. That was about ten days ago. Apparently, the guy running the show had a family emergency of some kind and had to leave the state, and put a "young guy in charge that dropped the ball."

Hey, I can live with that. The problem was that the fittings on the end of the hoses I ordered were 90 degree fittings at both ends. (I was trying to do the job with a minimum of fittings). But if you do this, you need to specify the angular relationship between the two fittings. Otherwise you can get some twisting when you hook up which is undesirable. I'm cool with that reason.

So I do get a call back from them about 10 days ago now, and I call back the next day and actually get a PERSON. I studder and can hardly speak...get past that and understand the reasons for the delay...don't complain about it...and expect the hoses will be shipped and I should receive them in 5 to 7 days (by my estimate). Well now ten days has past and no hoses. I called and left a message last Friday EARLY and no response.

I am an easy going guy but at this point I am starting to fell a bit pi$$ed to put it bluntly.

After this I will order from another on line hydraulic supplier but don't want to give the name here for fear it would sound like an advertisement or something. They are in my state but I would rather pay the sales tax than have to deal with this BS I am dealing with now.

I think we need a /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif face about ten times as large as this one for special occasions... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Hydraulichosefittings.com gets a big thumbs down from this customer. Hope this post is not out of line but I REALLY did not want to say anything negative about them to this point. EVEN THOUGH I WAS GETTING CONCERNED AT WEEK TWO WHEN I COULD GET NO RESPONSE TO EMAIL, TELEPHONE OR FAX.

For all I know my hoses may arrive tomorrow. But that will not change anything from my perspective.

I know these people have done well and have given good service to others here at TBN. My experience may be unique. But bad service is bad service.

I suppose I am really just disappointed more than anything.

It hurts when you put your trust into a vendor and he lets you down... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Sorry for the rant...take it for what it is worth, and no more. I may just be the one that fell through the crack twice. I do feel that I have given these guys a real chance to satisfy me. I mean all I want is my hoses. They should not have charged me for them three weeks ago if they did not ship them...They should answer phone messages...and so on...

Hope to have an update soon!

Guess I got carried away...sorry... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

KennyV,

I will post pictures. My goal though, was not to gain extreem angles, but rather to have equal angles and a way to know for pretty certain when the implement on the back was level with respect to the tractor axle...

Even more, I look forward to reporting whether having float on a tilt cylinder makes any difference when plowing snow on complex angles. I think it will, but the proof is in the pudding... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Madreff,

I have been spending some hours using my backhoe and all I can report so far is that the placement of the control valve works reall well when both using the tractor normally, and when using the backhoe. From what I can see I will be VERY satisfied with this location, but time will tell. Things might change a little when the hoses (if they ever come) are on the valve.

Sneaky Peat,

I can't wait either...and I do have faith the hoses will arrive eventually...sooner would be better though...

Pineridge,

The placement of the control valve has to please my body and my arm. All I know at the moment is that it pleases my body and my head, as it is totally out of the way when using both the tractor with the backhoe off, and the backhoe with the tractor attached... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Time will tell...and hopefull I will be able to give an unbiased opinion after I get the T&T working...

Cliff, I hope to soon post a happy ending... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bmac,

B is for Bill and Mac is for "the first three letters of my last name..." /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif You arn't me on a different plane, are you??? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks for your kind words. W_Harv and I may be related...He would be the vine and I would be a pee in a pod somewhere down by the ground... Certain there is no comparison...W_Harv rules... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cacinok,

I have a piece of thin rubber sheet, about 1/16 inch thick which I will probably use...but I will keep you thougts in the back of my mind just in case...

Well the tears are shed. I guess I will go back into the waiting mode, and also try the email, phone and fax route one more time tomorrow and see what turns up. I will be sure to report back. I hope I don't sound like I am trying to bad mouth these guys at HHF.com. That is not my intention as I know they are advertisers here and have satisfied a lot of TBN memebers. I am just reporting what has happended in MY case...

More later once my hoses have arrived...

/ That Never Ending T&T Path! #43  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The problem was that the fittings on the end of the hoses I ordered were 90 degree fittings at both ends. (I was trying to do the job with a minimum of fittings). But if you do this, you need to specify the angular relationship between the two fittings. Otherwise you can get some twisting when you hook up which is undesirable. I'm cool with that reason.)</font>

You went with JIC fittings, right? I went totally with NPT where I could get a 90 degree swivel connector which eliminates the angular problem. I have never seen a JIC swivel connector. It's all in the swivel.

Sorry about your problems with hydraulichosefitings. I have used them on several occasions and was totally pleased with the price and promptness of the service.

Your mileage may vary, and I guess it did. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ That Never Ending T&T Path! #44  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( And I had hesitated to say anything about the poor permormance of Hydraulichosefittings.com... )</font>

I placed a couple of orders with them, first about a month or so ago. Wanted to modify my order within 15 minutes of placing it - no way to do it from their website so I emailed them (several times actually), never received a reply or acknowledgement (or a modified order.) Don't have the time to waste playing phone tag - if a company in this day and age can't use the internet and email I generally avoid dealing with them.

Also no way to check the actual status of an order or to get a tracking number either. To their credit my order was shipped promptly and was complete.

I have mostly ordered my hydraulic fittings from Surplus Center who I find to be fast, efficient, and price competitive for the most part. Used hydraulichosefittings.com for some stuff SC didn't have.

I've also found a local supplier that carries a large inventory of fittings and hose and thus far has very reasonable prices.

/ That Never Ending T&T Path! #46  
Ok, This is my first post to this wonderful forum. I have been lurking and doing a ton of reading to learn all I can, and I must say I have already learned more than I could have ever imagined. I have a few questions as I am cosidering adding top and tilt to my tractor. First I like the way henro has gone about it with his giving the ease of leveling and no loss of capacity. The first question is why didnt you use the 2 x 4in stroke cylinder you originally wanted as it appears they have them on prince direct in discounted cylinders? Second why did you make your own brackets for sidelink instead of just welding on kubota brackets from your adjustable and fixed side linkages, or buy new replacement parts for them as they are not that expensive. Just seeing if there was a length issue. Third, I am contemplating the possibility of upsizing to a 4310 or new version or a tc 33da, and I was wondering if this settup would match the sizes of the cylinders needed to fit those models of tractors, even if ends had to be remodified. Lastly what type of hydraulic fittings would be best recommended espescially considering the re adaptation for a new tractor, Jic, O-ring boss, npt etc. I thank any and all in advance for your help!!!

/ That Never Ending T&T Path!
firel7

I'll try to answer your questions...but first let me say I still have gotten no response from Hydraulichosefittings.com.

Now no reply to me phone messages OR to my fax...I am a little bummed out to say the least. The charged my credit card over $500 and I only got half (or maybe less of what I ordered)...

Cylinder choice: First the Prince web side was not up to date and the guy I talked to there offered the larger diameter cylinder as an available alternative. I had called shortly after Prince changed their marketing strategy, and quit selling cylinders directly to the public at a good discount. Buying direct from Prince now is not worth the effort. BUT at that time, surplus was still a cost effective option.

I understand from Junkman's posts now that they do not sell surplus cylinders or control valves to the public any more either. I don't know this to be the case for sure, but it sounds like it is.

I made my own ends for the tilt cylinders because I wanted to I suppose. Also I did not want to distroy the original equipment...if you price the adjustable lift rod for a Kubota, you will not want to cut it up either! The fixed side is not that expensive, but still more expensive than just making them yourself and getting in a little welding practice...I don't think there is a length issue and believe that using stock parts would work just fine if you are willing to spend what they cost.

As for what size cylinders to use on a larger tractor, I don't know for sure. I think a 2.5 inch top link cylinder may be suitable for a TC33 or 4310.

From what I have read NPTF (F=fuel) is the least desirable of fittings for hydraulic systems, although they are very common. I tried to avoid them as much as possible, and in doing so I may have caused myself problems with my hose order...don't know for sure, and don't think it should have been a problem, but at this point I am grasping at straws to figure out what went wrong with my order... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Hope this helps a little... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ That Never Ending T&T Path! #48  
Thank you Henro for your rapid response. You answered my questions fine. Helped clear it up a bit for me, now I can make my decision about how I am going to go, I am going to try Prince surplus once though. Nothing lost in trying /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif As for your fittings I believe there are a lot of people waiting as patiently as you are, I know I am. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I cant wait to see pictures of it in full operation. And I know where to avoid at this time. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Wish you the best with your order and pulling for you at the same time.

/ That Never Ending T&T Path! #49  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( From what I have read NPTF (F=fuel) is the least desirable of fittings for hydraulic systems, although they are very common. I tried to avoid them as much as possible, and in doing so I may have caused myself problems with my hose order...don't know for sure, and don't think it should have been a problem, but at this point I am grasping at straws to figure out what went wrong with my order.)</font>

NPTF or Dryseal fittings rely on the crush or deformation of the threads to make a seal. They are not appropriate for applications where you must screw/unscrew the fittings. However, common practice is to use these fittings with teflon pipe sealant. The fittings are typically used where flexibility in plumbing (both in space and configuraion) is required. When properly installed they are leak free and can be used in high pressure hydraulic applications.

The 37 deg JIC fittings require no thread sealant and can be removed and replaced with no adverse effects. However, they are sometimes difficult to work with as the "swivel" function is not normally found on these type of connectors. This means that hoses must have the fittings installed at the appropriate circular angle and plumbing runs must be figured much more exact.

In the real world you see a mixture of JIC and NPT fittings for a given application. Just look at your tractor for a good example of this. As long as the mating portions of the fittings are compatible and the proper sealing techniques are used there will be no problems.

Henro, once again you have over analyzed the project requirements, this time for the hose and valve fittings.. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

If you got questions or need my help you know how to get a hold of me.

/ That Never Ending T&T Path! #50  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( firel7

I'll try to answer your questions...but first let me say I still have gotten no response from Hydraulichosefittings.com.

Now no reply to me phone messages OR to my fax...I am a little bummed out to say the least. The charged my credit card over $500 and I only got half (or maybe less of what I ordered)...

)</font>

As an aside, you have 60 days to dispute the full charge with your credit card company. Don't put it off too long.