zero turn mowers EXPENSIVE

/ zero turn mowers EXPENSIVE #141  
I believe the ad was ....Kawasaki, Let the good times roll!!!!!

Man those were the days...couldn’t wait to get on the bikes....still want to go back to riding, but too many irons in the fire :irked:

/ zero turn mowers EXPENSIVE #142  
I'm 70. I talked myself into getting a Coleman CT200 Mini Bike to go get the mail and "ride the fence line". :D I got it last week but it's been too cold and wet to ride. It's assembled, adjusted, tweaked, oiled, fueled and ready to go! :cool: I sure miss my riding days. All mine were Hondas though; Hence the poke at the Kaw. ;)

/ zero turn mowers EXPENSIVE #143  
Man those were the days...couldn’t wait to get on the bikes....still want to go back to riding, but too many irons in the fire :irked:
+1

I kept my 2008 KTM 950SE & hope to get back to riding some this summer

/ zero turn mowers EXPENSIVE #144  
We bought a Z122R 42" last year, which is the smallest zero turn Kubota make. This mower is a tank. Heavy steel everywhere & chops up fallen 2" branches without hesitation. Very economical too.

/ zero turn mowers EXPENSIVE #145  
I'll chime in, my vote goes for commercial grade mowers for larger properties. I cut about 5 acres of mixed ground, trees, some wet areas, etc. I would use up the typical "big box" store mowers in two seasons. In 2011 I bought a Kubota ZD323, while it may appear to be more costly upfront, averaged over the years I am way ahead. All I have to do is scheduled maintenance on the ZD and like a Timex, it just keeps on ticking.

/ zero turn mowers EXPENSIVE #146  
I'll chime in, my vote goes for commercial grade mowers for larger properties. I cut about 5 acres of mixed ground, trees, some wet areas, etc. I would use up the typical "big box" store mowers in two seasons. In 2011 I bought a Kubota ZD323, while it may appear to be more costly upfront, averaged over the years I am way ahead. All I have to do is scheduled maintenance on the ZD and like a Timex, it just keeps on ticking.
I like quality also, and have a brand new Kawasaki SCAG Liberty Z.
That said: I still have my dad's Crapsman with 42" deck.
He bought it new in 1972, so it is 49 years old (15HP Briggs), and it still runs like a Swiss watch!
No hour meter, but certainly many hundreds of hours.
$1100 (with snow blower) when it was new.

/ zero turn mowers EXPENSIVE #147  
We bought a Z122R 42" last year, which is the smallest zero turn Kubota make. This mower is a tank. Heavy steel everywhere & chops up fallen 2" branches without hesitation. Very economical too.
I have one and absolutely love it.

/ zero turn mowers EXPENSIVE #148  
My ZD1211 72” RD was great.
It windrowed a little bit & was slightly weak on my steep hills in tall grass but this ZD1511 72” SD takes it to a Whole New Level here mowing my 15+- acres 💪
I couldn’t be more happier
BUT I wished Kubota offered a 84” deck with it :cry:

/ zero turn mowers EXPENSIVE #149  
"That said: I still have my dad's Crapsman with 42" deck.
He bought it new in 1972, so it is 49 years old (15HP Briggs), and it still runs like a Swiss watch!
$1100 (with snow blower) when it was new."

$1100 in 1972 was a lot of money. You could have bought a V8 Camaro for $2800. A 2021 Camaro starts at $25,000, so that would be the same as buying a $10,000 mower today.

/ zero turn mowers EXPENSIVE #150  
"That said: I still have my dad's Crapsman with 42" deck.
$1100 (with snow blower) when it was new."

$1100 in 1972 was a lot of money. You could have bought a V8 Camaro for $2800. A 2021 Camaro starts at $25,000, so that would be the same as buying a $10,000 mower today.
Did the '72 V8 Camero come with a snow blower?