Zerkishness

/ Zerkishness #11  
interesting write up, didn't realize it was gas. so it runs ok on unleaded? prob so being low compression. will you fully restore w/body work, etc? looks like collectors item. my TO35 (Standard motors diesel) was a bear to start, put purred w/the 4 cyl engine. keep up the work

/ Zerkishness
interesting write up, didn't realize it was gas. so it runs ok on unleaded? prob so being low compression. will you fully restore w/body work, etc? looks like collectors item. my TO35 (Standard motors diesel) was a bear to start, put purred w/the 4 cyl engine. keep up the work
Aren't those old tractors nice? That TO35 of yours is every bit as much a collectors item as this one - they had real nice engines. Of course they are all good using tractors if so inclined.

It doesn't run any different on unleaded gas that I can tell. This new gas with alcohol smells funny but runs the same. Plugs look good. About 30 years ago I took the engine apart to measure everything just out of curiousity - and couldn't find any wear worth fixing. It didn't and still doesn't burn any oil or make noises. So I lapped the valves, put in new rings, and put it all back together.

No, no restore is planned. It's just our old backup tractor. We built our house and barn - lifted the walls and rafters into place - with it. Then we flattened our land, a little hay field, and yard. And today it is still the only tractor we have with a really good Cat II 3pt with draft control. Nothing else pulls that 8 foot Big Rhino 6 way rear blade through snow so nicely. This year it gets brakes & a new muffler. Next year: rear tires.

I have tried to pick up a few old parts for whoever restores it when I am done. It doesn't really need restoration. So in a pile by the fence are some old fenders, the lights, some optional FEL buckets, 5ft mower, cultivator, post hole drill, chains, water pump - and in the barn all the literature plus an extra 3 way hydraulic outlet - so it could be made to run even more attachments.
rScotty