Your basic breakfast sandwich

/ Your basic breakfast sandwich #21  
I'm surprised that so many had to look up scraple.
I was vaguely aware that something by that name existed, but never knew what it was. Looking at the ingredients on the picture Engineer42 posted I think I'll pass...

As far as breakfast and sandwiches go, I'll often just make a regular sandwich like I'd make for lunch, usually on a sub roll. Nothing special, and definitely no eggs.

/ Your basic breakfast sandwich #22  
This might be an urban legend but a friend of mine said it happened to a friend of his, so, for what it's worth...

The "victim" was traveling in the rural 3rd world somewhere and he stopped at a restaurant that served him pork. On his way out, he asked where the restroom was and they pointed to an outhouse out back. As he was using it, he notice that the pigs back there had rooted under the outhouse and were eating down there. He assumed that those pigs were being served in the restaurant.

/ Your basic breakfast sandwich #23  
I was vaguely aware that something by that name existed, but never knew what it was. Looking at the ingredients on the picture Engineer42 posted I think I'll pass...

As far as breakfast and sandwiches go, I'll often just make a regular sandwich like I'd make for lunch, usually on a sub roll. Nothing special, and definitely no eggs.

I had the experience in a foreign country of asking what I was eating, I had been a regular at a food stop for a long while. I told the person to make me something special and good.

It was fabulous, I had to ask....

...lamb brains...then I looked at it, yep...brains....sigh.

I did try it a few more times during my tour. No big deal...

For scrapple, never look at the label. LOL.

/ Your basic breakfast sandwich #24  
Different things in different countries are delicacies. My father told me many stories of growing up in Germany during the second world war. If you got any meat, you were lucky.If a rabbit was available the brains were the treat.
Horse meat was eaten joyfully if available.

/ Your basic breakfast sandwich #25  
I swear, I have never seen as many rabbits as I have seen this year.
40 years on this property, and big ole friggin rabbits too!

Some German (not this one) could enjoy their brain treat!

/ Your basic breakfast sandwich #26  
It was fabulous, I had to ask....

...lamb brains...then I looked at it, yep...brains....sigh.
I had a brain sandwich once while visiting the midwest. It was breaded and deep fried, if I hadn't known what it was I would have figured it to be some sort of mystery fish with an odd texture. It was OK but not something I'd want to eat again.

/ Your basic breakfast sandwich #28  
The best breakfast sandwich I ever had was a knock off of an eggslut sandwich. Brioche bun heavily buttered and toasted, soft scrambled eggs, caramelized onions, bacon, American cheese to hold it all together, and a side of tots with sweet sriracha mayo.

/ Your basic breakfast sandwich #29  
"let me have a diablo sammich, a doctor pepper and make it fast. I'm in a g/d hurry !"
...Buford T. Justice

Attachments

• th-2746912282.jpg
    th-2746912282.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 61
   / Your basic breakfast sandwich #30  
I really like a sandwich with just butter and cheese, and tea with sugar is the best breakfast for me I have some problems with my stomach and now I have to drink ferments and go on diets, I was advised to search in Online Pharmacy, but I don't know when I didn't do it before

Last edited: