You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,291  
Jeff, how right u are.!!
I rarely used safety glasses when using my wire wheel UNTIL a single wire shot out and stuck in my lower eyelid.!!
If I had held my head just an inch lower, it would’ve caught me straight in the eye ball.!!
I put them on religiously now..
I wear them so much, I forget to take them off.. lol
I seldom wore safety glasses because they made my regular glasses fog up and paid for it when I got a sliver of steel in my eye while drilling. Now that I have implanted lenses that came with the cataract surgeries, I get by with just the safety glasses.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,292  
I seldom wore safety glasses because they made my regular glasses fog up and paid for it when I got a sliver of steel in my eye while drilling. Now that I have implanted lenses that came with the cataract surgeries, I get by with just the safety glasses.
I wear glasses and always had that fogging issue in cold weather. I bought a clear face shield to wear for grinding and metal work. No more fogging.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,293  
My regular glasses are ANSI approved, although I don't use the side shields. I wouldn't consider trying to fit another pair over them. I do have a screen on my hardhat.

/ You Know You Are Old When
#1,294  
I’m not always great on the use of safety equipment —- but the one thing I always have are glasses and hearing protection.

Once I stopped working as an accountant, my eyes have actually gotten better. I no longer need prescription lenses for close up work.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,296  
You know you’re old when you remember being taught, work hard and you’ll be rewarded.
My kids are still taught that, and in fact I'm pretty sure they work harder at school and other productive things than I ever did, at their age. I'm a lifelong workaholic, but have always had a problem with choosing projects more for interest or fun factor, than profitability.

When you're staying up to 3am to put those new headers on your big block, you're working hard, but not profitably. :D Now most such endeavors and follies involve creating a home and property for my family to enjoy, which is all hard work, but equally unprofitable.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,297  
Rather than leap into projects ballz to the wall you try and prepare and plan accordingly.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,298  
Your more apprehensive of starting larger projects.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,299  
When you’re swapping tires each season on your car, and after doing the second wheel, you start to attempt to justify stopping there…..thinking that it should work fine with two different kinds of tires on it……

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,300  
When you’re swapping tires each season on your car, and after doing the second wheel, you start to attempt to justify stopping there…..thinking that it should work fine with two different kinds of tires on it……
Probably could get away with it on a 2WD vehicle, might not be so good an ide on 4/AWD.