You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,191  
Federal Passport is suppose to be good everywhere for age and identity.

Is this no longer the case?
Unsure but assuming a valid passport will work, and don't usually carry mine on me to test it. If an elderly person doesn't have a valid state I. D. I'm sure they wouldn't have a passport, anyways If store owners require employees to card 80 yr olds due to state laws using an electronic scanner on the register than put my statement in 2.0 cuz we aren't going to make it.

Last edited:
   / You Know You Are Old When #1,192  
What is you don't have a US ID because you are on vacation or business?

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,193  
Unsure but assuming a valid passport will work, and don't usually carry mine on me to test it. If an elderly person doesn't have a valid state I. D. I'm sure they wouldn't have a passport, anyways If store owners require employees to card 80 yr olds due to state laws using an electronic scanner on the register than put my statement in 2.0 cuz we aren't going to make it.
To be clear, the state of PA does NOT require the store to scan ID's. This would be a store policy, if even true, not a state law. As stated previously, I don't know if their policy or system allows the use of other ID's, as I've only ever seen anyone use their drivers' license.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,194  
On second thought half my cards don't scan anyway cuz there old and demagnetized. Than theres random out of state lic holders that probably won't validly scan anyway purchasing adult beverages and smokes, Haven't been denied purchase of anything due to un scannable d.l. problems however scan strip usually always works probably cuz I need to get a new one every 5 yrs. Now I'm curious as to why a store denies elderly folks purchasing power of certain substances without a valid state i.d. finally if I was ever unable to purchase my last remaining vice a (vape pen) unfortunately, I wouldn't be very hospitable to that stores mgr.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,195  
Mom only had her passport the last 6 years....

I truly believe some that requested ID had never seen a US passport...

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,196  
Or an elderly parent needs you to buy smokes or booze for them cuz they didn't bother to renew there d.l. anymore and no longer have anything thing to scan.
Or god forbid one needs to buy a pack of 20 Robitussin Long-Acting Adult Cough gels.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,197  
Or god forbid one needs to buy a pack of 20 Robitussin Long-Acting Adult Cough gels.
Or you remember when cash was king instead of we don't except cash or small bills only if you must.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,198  
You are old when they don't ask you, if you want the past 64 discount. They just give it to you, straight up.. :)
I got that last weekend. I saved 10 cents!!!! 👍

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,199  
Old sliding cc machines with carbon copies had a side hustle that accepted cc 3-5% the cc company charged me plus a yearly fee, portable electronic readers were just coming out and expensive. Never offered a discount for cash or upcharge for plastic but I definitely would these days. I believe they were called knuckle busters 😂.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240306-173741.png
    Screenshot_20240306-173741.png
    520.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
   / You Know You Are Old When #1,200  
I've walked on my 10/12 many times. Of course, turning 50 this year, I think it's about time to retire from that. I can still do it with no trouble, but healing from a second-story fall probably takes a lot longer now, than when I was 30!

I also have 12/12 raised seam metal, and go up on that routinely, but with a chicken ladder. No way to stay on it, otherwise.

More likely die from a second story fall.