You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,151  
Is that a cognitive test for gen xrs? #2 s been outta business for awhile. Forgot what #6 is.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,154  
It's kinda funny the way the memory works, sometimes. No.6 may be one of the most popular jingles of the bunch. Trust me... you know the brand!
Although if you remember this commercial...

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,155  
So, I tested this on my 14 year old, and he knew very few. They don't watch TV today, so television commercial jingles seem to be mostly a thing of the past... except insurance commercials! He knew every insurance company jingle I could manage to remember and sing.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,157  
Where's the beef?
Ablut 20 years ago I bought a double whopper at a BK in Gorham NH. When I got back to my room I found it only had one patty. I returned, showed them the error and they went out back to get me another sandwich. (All that I needed was the second piece of meat)
I had a hard time not asking that famous question.

Trivia which everyone probably knows; she got fired for doing this commercial.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,158  
Or is it a clone?
You did bring up a great point which is "clones and tributes". Most all new for sale anything are top of the line red cars!
Some more than the factory ever made!
I hate seeing that.
My 40s neighbor paid too much for this "SS" which it's not. A '71 just a mix of much newer small block low compression heads, HEI ign., etc. Loud mufflers.
I got it running for him then said "nail it"...he said "what does that mean?".
I drove it & the quadrajet said "mooooo!".
20220619_135703.jpg
20220619_142211.jpg

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,160  
We all know where we were when 9/11 happened, and probably Challenger... maybe even Columbia. Same with Waco, and at least for those of us anywhere near Philly, The Move. Many here are old enough to remember the assassinations of Kennedy and MLK Jr.

My earliest memory of a major news event was the death of Elvis in 1977, mostly because that breaking news interrupted whatever cartoon I was watching, and I remember my mother (prime age to be an Elvis fan) shushing me to hear the news on the TV.

I guess I should remember the John Lennon assassination, but since my parents were too old to be into the Beatles, that one didn't even get honorable mention in our house. The Ronald Reagan assassination attempt was much bigger news, at least in our house.

What's the earliest major news event you remember experiencing, live? Anyone here old enough to remember FDR dying in office? Harding? VE or VJ day?