You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,142  
You talk about your stuff, past projects and junk more than you actually use, fix, or build something, and you could careless about past and current questionable decisions and make humor of them. I'm grudgingly guilty of all of the above.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,143  
You go up on a 10/12?
I've walked on my 10/12 many times. Of course, turning 50 this year, I think it's about time to retire from that. I can still do it with no trouble, but healing from a second-story fall probably takes a lot longer now, than when I was 30!

I also have 12/12 raised seam metal, and go up on that routinely, but with a chicken ladder. No way to stay on it, otherwise.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,144  
IMG_3652.jpeg

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,145  
When I was about 35 I wanted to put a wood stove and chimney in the 2 story house I was renting, but only had a short ladder. I used it to climb up onto the 1 story attached shed, then pulled it up and leaned it against the 2nd floor roof, with one ladder leg on each side of the shed peak.
I then proceeded to get up on the 2nd floor roof. I had one leg in it and the other on a rung when the ladder kicked out, and I landed spread eagled, facing down. As I picked up speed I desperately tried to get twisted around so that I would land on my feet but no luck. I came off that roof head first and landed on the frozen driveway. All that I remember was laying there thinking "Holy F@@@, I'm alive!!!!

I don't like heights.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,148  
You go up on a 10/12?
Occasionally on my son's cape but eye dormers help with climbing to get to the other dormered side which I believe is a 4 or 6/12 to clean out gutters that are unreachable by extension ladder. Like I said, it bothers me more now than it ever did.
I used to have a standing seam metal roof with few screws. That was always hairy. Warm day with sneakers is where I felt "safe". That was the only way to stain a few spots.
IMG_0990.jpeg