You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,042  
My first wife had one, didn't think it was a bad car. Felt a lot more solid than the Japanese cars of the day.

Actually the Bobcat was the Mercury version of the Pinto.
I liked the early 1600cc engines but not so much later the 2000cc, 2300cc and 2800cc V6…

I much preferred my 1970 slant 6 valiant…

Last edited:
   / You Know You Are Old When #1,043  
Wife had an 83 Cavalier with a removable sun roof. She loved it. Never leaked.

Our current 2013 Impala has a sun roof. I like it a lot. Never leaks.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,044  
Many times I fixed the sunroof leak by clearing the built in drain lines.

Water had no where to go and would build up and leak inside.

The long flexible GI medical cable perfect for the job.

The shop would spray a little silicon into the mouth of line which often prevented clogs.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,046  
I hope nobody ever tries to give me a vehicle with a sunroof.

Same here. Back in my EMT/Firefighter days I responded to a rollover accident. Pickup truck flipped over on its roof and skidded about 50 yards down the highway, sliding on its roof. The sunroof of course shattered; the driver was seatbelted in but the seat belt could not hold the driver tight enough and his head was essentially scalped. Messy!

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,047  
Same here. Back in my EMT/Firefighter days I responded to a rollover accident. Pickup truck flipped over on its roof and skidded about 50 yards down the highway, sliding on its roof. The sunroof of course shattered; the driver was seatbelted in but the seat belt could not hold the driver tight enough and his head was essentially scalped. Messy!
That's reason enough :eek:

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,048  
There should be enough old timers here for someone else to have experienced this variation of the 'doorway effect' which takes place when a person walks into a room and forgets why they're there.

Several times lately I've gotten close to what I went to get, forgot what it was, raised my hand, stuck out my pointer finger and found myself pointing right at it. It's almost as if my hand knew I'd forgotten and helped me out.

Has anyone else found themselves pointing at what they forgot they were looking for?
Here's the only explanation I can think of as to how it happens:
As I approach the place I left the object I start to reach for it. My brain decides I can take it from there and momentarily goes to another thought, then realizes it's forgotten what I need to pickup. My hand, which has started to reach for the object doesn't know what to do and begins a jabbing pointing motion which gets me back on track.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,049  
Just one more. It is a balanced 347 ford stroker, around 425 HP, mustang T5Z 5 speed tranny, T-bird IRS, in a 2500 pound miata.
Was it a stroked 302?
Looks like a sweet setup! Those Ford strokers made a ton of torque. My Mustang had a Dart sb
427 with about 630hp and was a torque monster!
IMG_2566.jpeg