YM276D Remote Hydraulics

/ YM276D Remote Hydraulics #1  

G.Mckenzie

Tractor
YM276D
Hello,
I have Question pertaining to the YM276D I am wanting to install some hydraulic quick couplers to attach a 3 point backhoe, I know there are potentially 2 options one being cutting the high pressure line and second using the in and out ports on the hydraulic block under the seat (preferred if possible) I am just not fully sure of how to set it up using the 2nd method. I did read in the manual for it that you have to install a plug in once of the ports on the block but if you want to use the pto option after you have to remove the plug each time, is there another way around that besides cutting the steel line?

/ YM276D Remote Hydraulics #2  
My Ford runs a separate pump off the crank shaft pully to run the FEL.. That leaves the PTO Untouched and working ASIS.. Been setup like that for 60Yrs.. Really easy to remove it. For the BH. I would setup another tank for the Hyd. Fluid. And the run your lines back to it. My whole loader comes off in a matter of a few bolts. This is the Dr. shaft adapter
Ford 2000 Coupler Hub, Hydraulic Pump
Coupler Hub, Hydraulic Pump - For use with Loader-Backhoe Hydraulic Pumps. Hub is 4 inches overall diameter, 4 mounting holes at 7/16 inches in diameter, smooth type, 2-3/4 inch spacing. 1-3/8 inch relief diameter, 9/16 inch depth, 10 spline, 1 inch center bore.

/ YM276D Remote Hydraulics #3  
Hello,
I have Question pertaining to the YM276D I am wanting to install some hydraulic quick couplers to attach a 3 point backhoe, I know there are potentially 2 options one being cutting the high pressure line and second using the in and out ports on the hydraulic block under the seat (preferred if possible) I am just not fully sure of how to set it up using the 2nd method. I did read in the manual for it that you have to install a plug in once of the ports on the block but if you want to use the pto option after you have to remove the plug each time, is there another way around that besides cutting the steel line?

I can help you get that done, but we need to swap some information first.

About the tractor for those don't know. The YM276D is one really nice tractor. It was one of the two "top of the line" models that Yanmar sold when they first started selling in the USA. It featured optional factory power steering and front PTO, power shift transmission, and one of the nicest loaders ever. They were produced and sold for about 5 or 10 years before Yanmar began building tractors for John Deere.

Does yours have a loader? If so, there may be options there for hydraulics.

I am not aware of any 2 point backhoes? Is that a typo? Most accessory type are 3pt.
Yanmar made a backhoe to go with the YM276D. It had a special frame that fit under the back of the tractor because a normal 3pt hoe tended to destroythe tractor's 3pt hitch arms.

Not sure what you mean by cutting the high pressure line. That would be to put a "T" into the line, right?
But that doesn't work well for open center hydraulics. All hydraulics have to be in series, not in parallel.
With a T and a selector valve, you could either work the 3pt or the backhoe but not both.

rScotty

/ YM276D Remote Hydraulics
I can help you get that done, but we need to swap some information first.

About the tractor for those don't know. The YM276D is one really nice tractor. It was one of the two "top of the line" models that Yanmar sold when they first started selling in the USA. It featured optional factory power steering and front PTO, power shift transmission, and one of the nicest loaders ever. They were produced and sold for about 5 or 10 years before Yanmar began building tractors for John Deere.

Does yours have a loader? If so, there may be options there for hydraulics.

I am not aware of any 2 point backhoes? Is that a typo? Most accessory type are 3pt.
Yanmar made a backhoe to go with the YM276D. It had a special frame that fit under the back of the tractor because a normal 3pt hoe tended to destroythe tractor's 3pt hitch arms.

Not sure what you mean by cutting the high pressure line. That would be to put a "T" into the line, right?
But that doesn't work well for open center hydraulics. All hydraulics have to be in series, not in parallel.
With a T and a selector valve, you could either work the 3pt or the backhoe but not both.

rScotty
Yes it was a typo supposed to be 3pt. And no it does not have the front loader. Cutting the high pressure line is what most of the internet says to do and install a valve to select either backhoe or pto I am guessing. A few websites have instructions on how to do that. I just know that the 276 has a second in and out port for optional equipment but it is vague on a few parts of it. Ag states said there was a part that allowed you to get this done with out cutting the line but the link is dead ended now since they bought out hoye tractors.

Scotty, this is what he is talking about when cutting into the high pressure line. Yanmar Front Loader Install
Yes essentially, but for the backhoe instead of loader. I would rather not use that method but if it is the only option apart from having to remove the 1/4 hex plug in the in and out port on the tractor.

Attachments

• YM276_ServMan_3.jpg
    YM276_ServMan_3.jpg
    632.3 KB · Views: 29
  • YM276_ServMan_1.jpg
    YM276_ServMan_1.jpg
    485.4 KB · Views: 29
  • YM276_OpMan_1.jpg
    YM276_OpMan_1.jpg
    559.6 KB · Views: 28
I attached some photos of the other method using the in and out port on the tractor but it states installing a 1/4 -16 tapered plug into one of them to block off a passage and if you want to go back and utilize your pto you have to remove that again. Which seems very problematic and not quick. So I was hoping someone with a bit more experience in that area would have another option. Maybe just using the out port alone with valve and then running the backhoe return line to the top of the transmission cover there is a return plug on the top of it near the shifter.

/ YM276D Remote Hydraulics #8  
Scotty, this is what he is talking about when cutting into the high pressure line. Yanmar Front Loader Install
Thanks Winston. Now I see what it is, I am familiear with doing that. Yes, that method of cutting the high pressure line and putting in a selector valve is venerable. It reminds me of the way that a lot of old post WWII Ag tractors got pressure for loaders. It was real popular on Masseys, Fords, Farmalls, Deeres, & Olivers in the early 1950s. It was cheap to do - could be done by nearly anyone since those old tractors didn't run much pressure or flow anyway. A common value was 3 gpm on a farm tractor 3pt. Our old JD has the relief valve set at 1250 psi. So it is was a slow inexpensive system but sure beat the only option at the time, which was a shovel. The extra time needed to switch the selecter to go from using the loader to raising the 3pt didn't matter to farmers of that era.

The YM276D has more flow than those old tractors. It shows by my specs to have 8.24 gpm flow at 2200 psi. That should be sufficient as long as he doesn't have the optional power steering.

I've run backhoes on Yanmars in about every method. Another and nicer way to run a 3pt backhoe is to use a PTO-driven hydraulic pump and an independent reservoir mounted on the hoe. But the method you linked to will work.
Quality parts are available from several places like "surpluscenter.com". No need to use an unknown kit.

BTW, there is already a port on the YM276D for accessory flow. It does the same thing but requires a special Yanmar sleeve. I remember someone posted info on that a few years back.

rScottyYanmar Oil capacity_Filter # & Service Items.jpg

Yes I posted the picture of it. But still doest really answer my question regarding the 1/4 plug it says to install in the manual and if there is another way around it. I know the pto driven pump types are easy but the backhoe I have found cheap isn't that type so that my reason into looking for options.

/ YM276D Remote Hydraulics #10  
Super Easy and just run the lines to you Tractor Or mount another Reservoir. Front or rear PTO.. 27 Eng. Hp. not much LOL... How much Does the BH. weight. May not even hardly lift it. My Yanmar 2000 24Hp. and it's all it can do to lift a 650Lbs. FM. and it easily lifts the front wheels moving.

Attachments

• Crank shaft pully.JPG
    Crank shaft pully.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
  • pump.JPG
    pump.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 30
Last edited: