Yanmar VS Mitsubishi

/ Yanmar VS Mitsubishi #11  
I agree, Yanmar has better parts support because of the deere connection and parts were easier to get. Now some smart dealers have begun importing parts or having parts manufactured for Yanmar, but parts are becoming more available for Mits, Iseki and others. There is still a big market for these tractors and the parts.

I can supply some parts for these tractors and soon will have many spare parts available.

what I do have can be seen at BestFarmParts.com

/ Yanmar VS Mitsubishi #12  
yanmar also has a class action lawsuit against it for it's small diesels and the marine engines. mitsubishi does not. i personally know of at least a dozen marine 440's and 480's that grenaded i work for a high end boat manufacturer in fact it has driven us to use more volvo's in our vessels.

/ Yanmar VS Mitsubishi #13  
yanmar also has a class action lawsuit against it for it's small diesels and the marine engines. mitsubishi does not. i personally know of at least a dozen marine 440's and 480's that grenaded i work for a high end boat manufacturer in fact it has driven us to use more volvo's in our vessels.
I wasn't aware of that. Yanmar America, Yanmar Japan, or which particular company? Can you provide a link to some documentation/information about that? That's a pretty serious claim. Thanks.

/ Yanmar VS Mitsubishi #14  
it appears to have come to a settlemnet go to YANMARSETTLEMENT.COM for more info. it appears that this is for the marine segment but small diesel non marine were included on the suit and i would think that should also be resolving soon.

/ Yanmar VS Mitsubishi #15  
Yanmar has better parts support than any other grey market manufacturer but that has never been a deal breaker for me when considering Mitsubishi. Every manufacturer has models that are hard to get parts for and whether it's Yanmar or mitsubishi, those models should not be considered, otherwise, common parts are not going to be much of a problem. I have found every part I ever needed with little (no) problem and I personally believe Mitsubishi are of similar if not better quality. I have owned several grey market tractors, from 4 different manufacturers ( including Yanmar). Every one of them were good tractors but I prefer Mitsubishi's. I will also say, nothing is as smooth and dependable as their 4 cylinder motors. I say, keep what you've got.

I have a Mitsubishi 160d that is not listed as gray market, but I have had some trouble finding parts. I've been told that except for the wheels, the parts for the 160d are interchangeable with the 180d and the 250d. As I've heard the front ends on theses are often a problem, the availability of parts takes on more importance. Anyone know if they are interchangeable? Front end problems?

/ Yanmar VS Mitsubishi #16  
I have a Mitsu MT180D and owned it for about 15 years.
Main problem is the tires as they are no longer made being exclusive size to Mitsu.(turfs on mine)
Mine is equipped with a Swarts FEL and I drive a 60" blower from the PTO.
I installed a home made tooth bar which gives it a whole new life.
I am fortunate to have the shop and parts manuals which helps me a lot.
The 160 and 180 share the same manuals so a lot is common.

I rate them as good tough machines.
I used about 800 of the 1300 hours on my machine.
I have done many mods: front plow, heated cab, back up camera, etc.

/ Yanmar VS Mitsubishi #17  
Brand new to the forum.
I bought a really nice Blue, 1987 4X4 Mitsubishi MT 2801fd with Vtech loader, came with almost new 5' Cimmaron brush hog and Boxblade. Been using about a week now, loader is very strong, it lifted a 250 gallon propane tank with 50 gallons of propane in it, out of a trailer with no problem. I also ordered a set of 60" pallet forks with chains, have not got them yet.
Engage front wheel drive with both rear wheel drive and there is no stopping it, 12 forward speeds.
So far I'm a happy camper.