Yanmar VS Mitsubishi

/ Yanmar VS Mitsubishi #1  

Bama67

Silver Member
Tractor
Branson 5520H
Hey guys,
I was just wondering since when you see these grey market tractors for sale they usually always have Yanmar and Mitsubishi, and the prices for the same size models for each are about the same price.
Now, I recently purchased a Mitsubishi MT2201FD with a loader (grey market). I wanted a Yanmar, just could really find what I wanted close by. But yesterday I found a Yanmar 28hp, with vitually the same specs as mine size and power wise. Other than the appearent better parts support of Yanmar, are these tractors really any better? Should I try to sell mine and get the Yanmar because of the greater ease of getting parts?
I have only ever been on a Yanmar once, and must admit that the Mitsubishi is a lot quieter/smoother and seems a little stouter. But the smoothness might be because it was a 4cyl, and I think the yanmar was 3cyl.

Just wanted to get some opinions of some of you guys that have experiance with both.

/ Yanmar VS Mitsubishi #2  
Yanmar has better parts support than any other grey market manufacturer but that has never been a deal breaker for me when considering Mitsubishi. Every manufacturer has models that are hard to get parts for and whether it's Yanmar or mitsubishi, those models should not be considered, otherwise, common parts are not going to be much of a problem. I have found every part I ever needed with little (no) problem and I personally believe Mitsubishi are of similar if not better quality. I have owned several grey market tractors, from 4 different manufacturers ( including Yanmar). Every one of them were good tractors but I prefer Mitsubishi's. I will also say, nothing is as smooth and dependable as their 4 cylinder motors. I say, keep what you've got.

/ Yanmar VS Mitsubishi
I agree, I wonder why there are so many more Yanmars on the grey market. I guess they simply made more?

/ Yanmar VS Mitsubishi #4  
When this all started it was easier to sell a Yanmar because of the Yanmar / Deere connection. Also Yanmar was sold in the US earlier, so there were some people that already knew the name. Also Yanmar has engines in quite a few other brands. Again name recognition. One other factor, the marine motors. That many more people to recognize the name.

/ Yanmar VS Mitsubishi #5  
As far as rugged reliability, both are pretty tough machines from what I've seen. Some models from both manufactures have some pretty neat features. I have a small mitsu that has 18 forward speeds (divided up among 2 different range selectors). I have a buddy that has a 35 hp Yanmar and uses it to turn a 6 ft brush hog and has never had a lick of trouble with it. Either way it's kinda hard to go wrong.

/ Yanmar VS Mitsubishi
As far as rugged reliability, both are pretty tough machines from what I've seen. Some models from both manufactures have some pretty neat features. I have a small mitsu that has 18 forward speeds (divided up among 2 different range selectors). I have a buddy that has a 35 hp Yanmar and uses it to turn a 6 ft brush hog and has never had a lick of trouble with it. Either way it's kinda hard to go wrong.

Hard to go wrong, I agree.
My tractor has 12 fwd speeds, 4 ranges.
My ranges are Slow, Slower, Slowest, and really really really crawling slow.

I could probably put it in Range 1, gear 1, get off, eat lunch and come back and it would still be in the yard. :)

/ Yanmar VS Mitsubishi #7  
Put your machine in range 1 gear 1 and use a pto tiller to till your garden. Yeah, it takes a while to till a decent size plot but you get such finely pulverized soil that you dont need a "green thumb" to get a really productive garden. You just need to till in some potting soil. Give it a shot ;)

/ Yanmar VS Mitsubishi #8  
I have no experience with Mits. tractors, but do you think you would you lose money on the trade?

/ Yanmar VS Mitsubishi
I have no experience with Mits. tractors, but do you think you would you lose money on the trade?

I think I have decided to keep my Mitsu. But if I decided to get rid of it I think I would actually make a dollar or two on it. But until I can afford that John Deere 110 TLB, the little blue tractor is here to stay.