Yanmar 3TNE84 rebuild kit

/ Yanmar 3TNE84 rebuild kit #1  

MTGreen

Platinum Member
Tractor
Deere 5220, Ford 1720, Deere Progator 2030
I have a Yanmar 3TNE84 3 cylinder diesel generator motor that is getting tired after a former life of many thousands of hours in a turf mower.
I don't know exactly how many hours as the hour meter was broken long before I pulled the motor, but it's seeping oil from a number of places & doesn't run smoothly under 1200rpm or so.
It's about time for a rebuild.
Complete aftermarket rebuild kits for these are plentiful and cheap with new cylinders/pistons/bearings/seals/valves/guides/seats/etc. readily available from a number of sources for less than $500 (US).

I'm curious about the quality and longevity of these kits and would like to know if anyone has any experience with these being good/bad from a particular brand or seller?

I don't use the genset very often, so I'm not real keen on ponying up several grand for OEM Yanmar parts. It's on a small trailer with a 15k generator head and is used for power, welding, and compressed air when needed remotely around the property. After rebuild, I plan to figure out what's needed to safely be able to hook/unhook it to the house/shop as backup power. I would have the expectation of a somewhat shorter lifespan from aftermarket parts.

/ Yanmar 3TNE84 rebuild kit
Bump for maybe someone with input?

/ Yanmar 3TNE84 rebuild kit #3  
Bump for maybe someone with input?
You may have better luck on the classic Yanmar page. This isn't a current engine model, Fredericks and Hoye may be worth looking at.

/ Yanmar 3TNE84 rebuild kit
You may have better luck on the classic Yanmar page. This isn't a current engine model, Fredericks and Hoye may be worth looking at.
Thanks