YANGDONG Y380 ENGINE REVS UP HIGH IDLE

/ YANGDONG Y380 ENGINE REVS UP HIGH IDLE
Thanks for everyones input.
I trully apprieciate it.
I have not changed the oil in the injection pump/governor as my manual does NOT say anything about it or how /where to drain it or fill it.
If anyone could clue me into where and what type of oil to put into it,and to drain said existing oil .I would value that info.
AGAIN THANK EVERYONE

/ YANGDONG Y380 ENGINE REVS UP HIGH IDLE #12  
You use the same lube oil that you use in the engine (SAE 15w-40 with an API rating of CK-4). I'm looking for my pic of the oil drain plug, but the fill point is usually the mushroom shaped vent on top. There is a 8mm hex head tattle-tail plug on the side that is to be removed during filling to indicate when it's full. As an alternative, you can suck the oil out through the dipstick tube.

Yellow circle is the oil drain, right at the end of the governor. Not easy to get to that's why I suck my oil out with an extractor.

Attachments

• FIP oil drain.jpg
    FIP oil drain.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Cool thanks for the much needed information .

You use the same lube oil that you use in the engine (SAE 15w-40 with an API rating of CK-4). I'm looking for my pic of the oil drain plug, but the fill point is usually the mushroom shaped vent on top. There is a 8mm hex head tattle-tail plug on the side that is to be removed during filling to indicate when it's full. As an alternative, you can suck the oil out through the dipstick tube.

Yellow circle is the oil drain, right at the end of the governor. Not easy to get to that's why I suck my oil out with an extractor.

Cool beans.
Thanks for all the information.
When I have the dump cylinder (that's flowing like a river)rebuilt ,again,as I have very silty sand here in the High Desert of California.
Looks like I'll have plenty of time to evacuate the oil and replace it.
I really do apprieciate the picture as I am a visual person ,or so I have been told...a lot....
THANKS AGAIN

/ YANGDONG Y380 ENGINE REVS UP HIGH IDLE #17  
I dug out my spare fuel injection pump assembly, and I was anxious to try out a new Open Office program because MS Visio doesn't run on WIN 11, so here is the result:

Attachments

• TY395E FIP-2.jpg
    TY395E FIP-2.jpg
    855.8 KB · Views: 90
   / YANGDONG Y380 ENGINE REVS UP HIGH IDLE #18  
Before I go too far, which fuel injection pump do you have? Left or right?

Attachments

• Y380 FIP.jpg
    Y380 FIP.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 88
  • Y385 FIP.jpg
    Y385 FIP.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 89
Left pump

/ YANGDONG Y380 ENGINE REVS UP HIGH IDLE #20  
Left pump
Ok, on these two models it's very possible that they are oiled from the engine's pressure system. Check to see if there is a hose leading from the injection pump to the engine oil filter base, or to the side of the engine block.