YANGDONG Y380 ENGINE REVS UP HIGH IDLE

/ YANGDONG Y380 ENGINE REVS UP HIGH IDLE #1  

uncle buzz

Tractor
NORTRAC NT-204C
SAW A PUFF OF WHITE SMOKE ON START UP ON THE INJECTORS / INTAKE SIDE OF ENGINE .
AFTER START UP A FEW MINUTES IT REVS UP AND RUNS AT A VERY HIGH R.P.M. (DON'T KNOW WHAT RPM ,AS IT HAS NO TACHOMETER)
I CAN SLOW IT DOWN BY PULLING THE KILL CABLE OUT TO SLOW THE FUEL.
BUT WHAT IS THE WHITE SMOKE ? WHY DOES IT ACT LIKE IT'S GETTING TOO MUCH FUEL ? HOW DO I FIX IT ?
I JUST DID A MAINTENANCE ,OIL AND FILTER,FUEL AND FILTER CHANGE,AIR FILTER ,TOP OFF OTHER FLUIDS.
NOT RUNNING HOT.NOT BLOWING BLACK SMOKE ,HOWEVER SEEM TO BE A LITTLE DOWN ON POWER.

Last edited:
   / YANGDONG Y380 ENGINE REVS UP HIGH IDLE #2  
Welcome, Uncle Buzz.
Heavy white smoke that lingers in the air is unburned fuel. White smoke that dissipates quickly is moisture (usually coolant).
Can't you control the engine speed with the throttle?
Did you change the oil in the fuel injection pump?

/ YANGDONG Y380 ENGINE REVS UP HIGH IDLE
Welcome, Uncle Buzz.
Heavy white smoke that lingers in the air is unburned fuel. White smoke that dissipates quickly is moisture (usually coolant).
Can't you control the engine speed with the throttle?
Did you change the oil in the fuel injection pump?
Bob Rooks,
I have blowby on #1 injector,I think the copper seat is bad and when it heats up it just starts running away ..I started it up yesterday and felt around the #1 injector and it was blowing out hot gas,so that's the white smoke in the engine bay at 1st start up.
I am doing more investigation today.
I'll change oil at the injector pump after I deal with the injector problem.
What is your thoughts about that ?
Thank You for your input
more is needed .
Could The injector Leaking be a by product of something more ?
the throttle will not throttle down.but will throttle up .

Last edited:
   / YANGDONG Y380 ENGINE REVS UP HIGH IDLE #4  
Start the engine.
Break loose the steel line AT THE INJECTORS 1@a time and watch the smoke.. tighten the line and move to the next..
Once u find the problem cyl., remove the injector and move it to another hole.. or look at the tip of the injector., I think you’ll find it blown off.??
Move it to another hole and do the test again.. see if it follows the injector or stays w the cylinder.

/ YANGDONG Y380 ENGINE REVS UP HIGH IDLE
Start the engine.
Break loose the steel line AT THE INJECTORS 1@a time and watch the smoke.. tighten the line and move to the next..
Once u find the problem cyl., remove the injector and move it to another hole.. or look at the tip of the injector., I think you’ll find it blown off.??
Move it to another hole and do the test again.. see if it follows the injector or stays w the cylinder.
I removed all ijectors ,#1 copper washer was burnt by blow by and injector had carbon on tip ,#2 was just dirty tip,#3 carbon and cirty.
I ordered 3 injectors and they are on the way here via postal service.
Would the injector (#1) being leaking at the copper washer where it seats in the head cause a run away ?
(has anyone else ordered from Keno ?)
I'll be replacing them asap .
THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT
IT IS HIGHLY VALUED

/ YANGDONG Y380 ENGINE REVS UP HIGH IDLE #6  
The loose injectors would not cause a run away..
If your in the States, why didn’t you get them CHECKED and rebuilt.??

/ YANGDONG Y380 ENGINE REVS UP HIGH IDLE #7  
I removed all ijectors ,#1 copper washer was burnt by blow by and injector had carbon on tip ,#2 was just dirty tip,#3 carbon and cirty.
I ordered 3 injectors and they are on the way here via postal service.
Would the injector (#1) being leaking at the copper washer where it seats in the head cause a run away ?
(has anyone else ordered from Keno ?)
I'll be replacing them asap .
THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT
IT IS HIGHLY VALUED
When you replace all the injectors make sure the holes are absolutely clean, and that none of the copper seals remain (I have seen injectors work their way loose from having two copper seals installed).
Please note that there is no direct mechanical connection between the throttle and the fuel injection pump. The injection pump rack is controlled only by the governor (that's why I asked if you changed the injection pump oil, because they share a common sump). Your runaway symptom is likely caused by a sticking rack or a defective governor. It doesn't make sense that the runaway symptom begins after the engine is warmed up unless fuel, lube oil, or hydraulic oil is finding it's way into the intake manifold.

Where are you located? Please fill out your profile.

/ YANGDONG Y380 ENGINE REVS UP HIGH IDLE #9  
I bought my tractor from them. Great service and parts, back in 2007. Then personnel changed and I never got the correct parts from them again. Some orders had to be placed multiple times. Never did find anyone that understood the hydraulic fittings or the light bulbs.
Sad to say, but I moved on to more reliable places.

/ YANGDONG Y380 ENGINE REVS UP HIGH IDLE #10  
I bought my tractor from them. Great service and parts, back in 2007. Then personnel changed and I never got the correct parts from them again. Some orders had to be placed multiple times. Never did find anyone that understood the hydraulic fittings or the light bulbs.
Sad to say, but I moved on to more reliable places.
Yes, they used to be great. I purchased dozer parts and implements from them. Nowadays they are the only company in the free world, to my knowledge, that champion the use of compressor oil for the fuel injection pump/governor. And if you ask them why they can't give you a sound answer. I haven't done business with them for years.