X595

/ X595 #51  
powerstroke,

There is no question the 595 will run circles around a 2210 in terms of cutting grass, but the buck stops there. They are both nice machines, but the 2210 is far more capable and more valued, now and later (assuming you would want to sell it).

/ X595
Sorry 'bout that. The machine in question is an X595...and the price was including tax @ 2.9%. With all the talk about the 2210 being a better machine, I'm assuming that the X-series runs circles around Top-of the line sears and such....right??

/ X595 #53  
I must have missed it somewhere, but why such a small deck 48"? I think the 595 is the clear winner if you are primarly interested in mowing, towing and tooling around the yard.

/ X595 #54  
I think one of the best machines Deere ever built was the 455. My 455 is one tough machine. After 700+ hours, I haven't replaced anything major. Not even the blade drive belt on the mower. Having shaft drive to all implements is the only way to go. I have the Powerflo and MC519 cart and togehter they pack the grass in nicely enough that it will "heat" in a pile very well. It has a very low cg, and with the bar tires has excellent traction. I've actually been thinking I'll hand it down to my dad and buy a super clean low hours used one. I looked at the X series, and didn't care for the changes. The only change I liked was the new deck had more volume and blade overlap.

/ X595
I would prefer the 48" deck because I have some very tight spots to get into and out of. I looked at the 455 a bit, a used one, but couldn't find anything on it that was much different from hte 595.

/ X595 #56  
Lower CG, and shorter wheelbase. Unfortunately not 4wd.
I looked to trade mine in, but I like it better than the X series.
I have 540 PTO, 3 pt etc on mine and have moved most any trailer that I've tried. Way more than I have brakes enough to stop. Longest was a 36' enclosed car trailer. That one needed to be set onto the 3pt rather than lifted. 20' enclosed were no problem at all. I'm sure the X series would do the same.

If you are into grass and leaf collection, look ata powerflow if available for the new deck. It really packs it in and beats the leaves to shreds pretty good too.

I've been running the bar tires (terra type) with plastic coated wheel weights since new. No flats, and awesome grip. I actually put the chains on the tires this year due to an ice storm but hadn't used them since new (97 model) even in winter snows.