X595

/ X595 #1  

powerstroke6ltr

Bronze Member
Yes, I have searched and found info on the 2210 and X595. For my needs, and size, the 595 is probably overkill. It is a beautiful machine however! My concern is, what is "a good deal" on an X595, with 48" deck, 3 bag powerflow, 40 amp alternator, and spark arrestor? The lowest I've gotten w/o the alternator and pak arrestor is 12,558. With the alternator, I am prediciting the price to be a bit shy of 13k. Is that a really good price, or what should I aim for? Also, can I wash it with water and a wash mitt, or will it damage the electronics? What does the diesel sound like? thanks for any help

/ X595 #2  
I started another thread on the X595 last fall when I saw one at the county fair. It and the 2210 have the same diesel engine; I think. The X595 is mostly a mowing machine with very limited FEL and 3 pt capability. Think it's basically a Cat 0 3 pt with ability to upgrade to Cat 1. Bet its lift capability is less than the 700# of the 2210 (which is less than the 870 # of the 4010).

I paid $13,300 for my 4010 with FEL and LX4 cutter. The 2210 was $300 more. I didn't price an X595.

The X595 is being offered with the ATV-like tires. These tires and wheels will go right onto a 2210 (posted in another thread). Someone remarked that these pick up nails readily but grip good.

That's about it other than getting the specs. You can get stuff like this on the JD web site. Has a good transfer to Excel spreadsheet if you can read them.

Ralph

/ X595 #3  
Powerstroke,
I had a 595 and tell you it is an excellent machine. It has very good power, will mow great and will climb hills and do work that you would not feel comfortable doing when in four wheel drive. Contrary to some opinions on TBN, I think the 595 is a sub-CUT more than it is a garden tractor. There are two main problems with it, however. First, it only has one hydraulic pump, which is a weak one at that. This means one cannot operate two implements at once and it will not power a front end loader very well. Second, it has limited ground clearance, which inhibits its ability to do work in sketchy terrain, which it could negotiate otherwise. This problem also effects the 2210. In my opinion, the 595 is a NICER machine, as in it has good looks, many creature comforts, etc. It is not, however, a more versatile machine than the 2210. Be careful that you do not follow in my footsteps. I originally purchased a 595 for large volume mowing and light grading and snow removal with the front blade. It excelled at these tasks; but then I moved. My needs changed, and I found myself wanting a front end loader, box blade, etc, and the inadequacies noted above started to show. If I had it to do over, even though I loved my 595, I would have gotten a 2210. These machines are made to work, and you will get tired of owning either one before it wears out, so choose wisely. The 595 is not as popular on trade in for the above reason. My dealer was concerned that he could not sell the 595 I traded (he did pretty quickly though). He said that the 2210's went very quickly, even used. Something to think about. With regard to care, wash away, just keep things greased and do not use too high pressure. Finally, if you DO choose the 595 (or the 2210) I would strongly consider the HDAP tires. They give super traction, are pretty easy on grass, and are not too puncture prone. Good luck with your decisions.

John M

/ X595
/forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif thanks for all the help...that was not only quick, but answered my questions in a non-round about way! Thanks. Now I have another question, if you take the deck off, won't there be a lot more ground clearance and a better breakover angle? I'm upgrading (major) from a craftsman lt1000 which is 3 yrs. old. Am I gonna be sorry i didn't just get a garden tractor from sears? thanks

/ X595 #5  
Yes, the 2210 has excellent ground clearance with the mower off, B U T !!!!!!! several people on this forum have damaged the transmision oil filter spewing hydraulic fluid on the ground, it is very exposed and unprotected under the belly and can be damaged if not careful while mounting the mower. With HDAP tires I have no trouble driving through snow a foot deep.

/ X595 #6  
Its a great machine you are looking at- price sounds a little high- I picked up a X485 w/54c deck, and had them put on the HDAP tires, with 40 hours on it for $6800.00 at the end of this year- I don't know your location but these guys are tough to beat- www.lawnpower.com and no I don't work there but saved close to 3k over my local dealer in the Chicago burbs- lots of people use these guys as a bench mark-

/ X595
thnaks for all the help. I'll definately come back for more help. The X595 would be new if purchased. thanks again

/ X595
Did a little research, and found the model lower has a diesel! The GX355 is quite a bit cheaper, but my question is, can teh GX be as versatile? Which is a better machine for mowing about 5-6 hrs. a day 5 days a week, and movng snow? thnanks

/ X595 #9  
Powerstroke,
I have read your questions; my opinion may differ somewhat from the other posters, but I feel you would not be happy with a GX355 tractor. These machines are nice, but not really meant for continuous high hour operation. Sure, there are people out there using them to death, day after day, but their frame size and drive belt (not shaft) limits them somewhat. My father has a GX345, which is the gasoline equivalent of the 355. It is a very nice machine, but not the equivalent of a 595 or 2210. They are probably MORE capable than the price difference suggests. Simply, there is no comparison. The 595 is a super machine, but for the money, go with the 2210. You will have the 595 engine, essentially same mower deck, and more flexibility with regard to attachments. The four wheel drive on both 595 and 2210 makes a huge difference in performance and is worth every penny. Now those machines can stand up to your needs, for hours on end. As far as noise, I found my 595 to be about the same in noise as my father's 345, only different because it is a diesel. I also think the 595 is marginally more quiet than a 2210 because of hood shape and better sound deadening. The real noise maker on either of these machines is the mower deck (62 inch). It howls incessantly, and requires hearing protection. It is so loud that JD did a running update to lower gearbox whine. I had the dealer update mine, but could tell almost no difference after the update. The sound is so characteristic that I can tell when someone has a 62 inch deck, it can be heard for some distance. I would not worry about the diesel noise, though. If you want a truly quiet machine, then the 54 inch deck may be better, and it is not that much slower.

John M.

/ X595
I've come to another issue...the 2210's ROPS is too tall to go under some stuff I need it to...Low overhangs, trees, lines, etc. and to what i know, the 2210 has a larger turning radius. I need to get into really tight spots, and have some tight turns to navigate also, which might make the 2210 not the right machine. I do however want the cpability of an FEL in the future for manure moving, etc, but probably not anything really really heavy. Would the 595 be able to pull someting it can't lift? Like larger rocks? I am tied between two nice machines. Can the 2210 have a mid mount mower deck, liek the 595? I don't like the idea of hte brush hog layout type mower...Thanks again...hey is there any chance you could get startup and running files of the 595?? I want to know what it sounds like...thanks (call me crazy, but sometimes what a machine sounds like is one of the final determining factors...lol-for me at least, dont' want to sound like it's a tin can with rocks in it...or a sewing machine on steroids lol) Thanks a million! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif P.S. Does anyone know whether a Craftsman 26hp gas garden tractor is equivelant to an X-series diesel? It has 2 more hp...and my craftsman lt1000 can pull my truck around...(not very well though-no joke! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif)?