X595

/ X595 #11  
powerstroke,

Get the 62C and you will leave an uncut circle of 36". The 62 also has the added benefit of pushing the ROPS away from that landscaping you were worried about. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ X595
you're referring to the 2200 series?? Well, I could always run the landscaping over...but the signifcant other wouldn't like that one. IMO there should just be big fields and praries to mow /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I still don't like the idea of parking the 22 outside. The roll-over protection is too tall...unless the garage/shed is made bigger...that would be nice. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Teh 62' is too wide though...well at least around the house and barn...once you get out to the fields it would be great. What is the smallest deck on the 2210 and can it be mid-mounted.

/ X595 #13  
I have the older model 455 with 60" deck - & plow with it! It gets picked first to move stuff around the farm.

Seriously the mower deck is louder than exhaust on mine as well.

Attachments

• 580486-JD455 plowing.jpg
    580486-JD455 plowing.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 258
   / X595 #14  
Powerstroke,
To follow up on your questions: the 2210 can operate a mid mounted mower deck, in fact, most are purchased with them. The ROPS can be removed and some aftermarket companies are even offering a folding ROPS, so clearance should not be a problem. The 595 does have a slightly tighter turning radius than does the 2210, but the difference is negligible. I believe the 2210 can also be had with a 54" deck, and I know the 595 can. The difference between the two with regard to loaders is large, though. The 45 loader for the 595 is a well-built unit, but the hydraulics on the tractor will not allow it to lift more than 400 pounds. The 2210 210 loader will lift 625 to full height and more to 36", the other common rating point. It is a much better loader. I had a 45 loader on my 595 and found the tractor capable of moving more than the loader or hydraulics could handle. As far as comparing your 26 horsepower Craftsman to either of these machines, and please forgive me for this, either of these machines could outpull or outwork two of the Craftsman tractors (I am serious about this). The diesel would be the equivalent power-wise to a good three or four cylinder 30-32 hp gasoline engine, that is fuel-injected. Do not let the horsepower advantage of the Craftsman fool you. The diesel Yanmar in either tractor offers superior torque and performance. The four wheel drive and sophisticated chassis design also adds to this large difference. For example, last year with our first snow, I was able to pull my wife's 4200# SUV out of a ditch on our steep 15-18% driveway, uphill, with my 595. I attached a tow strap to the trailer hitch, and due to the angle had to pull the SUV uphill to straighten it out. The 595 was able to pull the rear of her vehicle around sideways (sliding it over the ice) and out of the ditch with the SUV in neutral. I doubt many conventional garden tractors could accomplish such a feat. I am sure the 2210 would offer similar performance. The best advice I could give on the sound is to go to your nearest dealer and start one. They sound fine.

John M.

/ X595 #15  
If your looking for maneuverability an getting under things,
here's three tractors worth checking out before you buy
anything...

Steiner tractors.
http://www.steinerturf.com/products/

Ventrac tractors
http://www.venturepro.com/

Power Trac
http://power-trac.com/

Before I bought my Steiner 230 turf tractor I had looked at
both the X500 series an the 2210. They both are good machine
but for the price difference I'd lean towards the JD 2210, it
a little heftier machine... .

Richard
West Michigan

/ X595 #16  
powerstroke,

I did have to modify the header in my shed and the door to clear the 2210 ROPS. Believe it or not, it is taller than the one on my old 755. I'd hate to see you get the wrong tractor (I'm not saying that's what you would be doing) because of the ROPS, the size, and your shed. Think carefully about those. Even your landscaping, beds of woodchips/mulch extending the plantings out further really helps -- in fact it could be your first project! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good Luck!

/ X595
With all of the hype about weak hydraulics on the 595, and from what i've heard the 2210 and 595 have the same engine, theoretically would it be possible to oufit a 595 with a 2210's hydraulic pump? thanks for all the help. Stuck between two great machines!! It's as bad as being stuck between two great people... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif In reference to the sears, now it makes sense...large engines and big tires sell! Doesn't a belt drive soak up a large majority of the hp?

/ X595 #18  
The hydrualics are not interchangeable. They are integrated with the hydrostatic transaxle on both machines. In fact that is one of the major differences between the X series and 2210-the transaxle.

/ X595
Oh, the 2210 has a dual range tranny doesn't it...what is the top speed then? something like 16mph then? thanks

/ X595 #20  
Would you believe the fixed ROPS on the 2210 is 1" taller than the one on the 4010, both with turf tires? My 4010 goes either through the regular garage doors on the main deck or into the basement double doors below. Got about an inch to spare. Wouldn't have with a 2210.

If you really want strong hydraulics, the 4010 has them. There's a good testimony to this in a 4010 poster in the Owner/operating section below. I plan to test this out with mine by ordering a load of gravel and using the FEL to distribute it down my trail.

Ralph