Would you book a trip to outer space or under sea?

/ Would you book a trip to outer space or under sea? #51  
What is the preoccupation with the Titanic?
It's a pile of rust ready to collapse. There are plenty of pictures.
There were three sister ships, Titanic, Olympic and Britannic.
Britannic sank after hitting a mine while in use as a hospital ship during WW1. Within diving depth.
Do you ever hear about her?
Olympic served out her useful career and was scrapped in the mid 1930s. Couple state rooms were preserved. No big whoop.
But Titanic this and Titanic that.
Why do people care?
Tragedy happened, what was learned from it, move on.
People die everyday at sea and it doesn't even make the news.

And besides, this was a worse non-war ship disaster in terms of loss of life

/ Would you book a trip to outer space or under sea? #52  
What is the preoccupation with the Titanic?
It's a pile of rust ready to collapse. There are plenty of pictures.
There were three sister ships, Titanic, Olympic and Britannic.
Britannic sank after hitting a mine while in use as a hospital ship during WW1. Within diving depth.
Do you ever hear about her?
Olympic served out her useful career and was scrapped in the mid 1930s. Couple state rooms were preserved. No big whoop.
But Titanic this and Titanic that.
Why do people care?
Tragedy happened, what was learned from it, move on.
People die everyday at sea and it doesn't even make the news.
Every day?

I think the big news it due to the hype before she sailed then the loss of life due to poor planning...because it was unsinkable. But largely like the recent lost sub, it's was a lot of media hype too.

/ Would you book a trip to outer space or under sea? #55  
Space would be cool. Atleast the technology is somewhat proven to be able to come home. Still not my thing but might consider it

Underwater? No thanks. I was SSI certified diver and farthest I've been down was around the 110' mark. It was cool but not interested in pushing it past it.

/ Would you book a trip to outer space or under sea? #56  
Space would be cool. Atleast the technology is somewhat proven to be able to come home. Still not my thing but might consider it

Underwater? No thanks. I was SSI certified diver and farthest I've been down was around the 110' mark. It was cool but not interested in pushing it past it.
At least you can parachute in from space in a pressure suit 😁 . Go below a few hundred foot in the sea and you're in big trouble

/ Would you book a trip to outer space or under sea?
   / Would you book a trip to outer space or under sea? #58  
I haven't had a bike in close to 35 years. I enjoyed riding, but there were too many people totally oblivious to a bike's existence, and after one close call too many sold it.
I do still snowmobile, but at least the only other traffic you deal with is other snowmobilers.

As for the original question, nope, not for me.
That mirrors my experience, and almost the same time period. (I parked my last bike in 1990 and sold it a year later.)
The last straw was when a woman pulled out of a parking lot right in front of me. I kicked the rear wheel out and skidded out in front of her, stopping with my face just inches from the plow frame on her pickup. The engine stalled of course and as I was trying to get it down into neutral so that I could get moving again she was sitting there screaming at me to get the F*** out of her way.
I drove the bike home, parked it and haven't been on one since.

/ Would you book a trip to outer space or under sea? #59  
It takes a special kind of person to be underwater for months at a time without letting your shipmates get on your nerves, or vice versa.

/ Would you book a trip to outer space or under sea? #60  
Hmmm. Ride in a submarine 2.5 miles below the surface that is made with parts from Radio Shack, Home Depot and Overtons, gets no inspections or certification, uses scrap pipes for ballast and the company fires anyone who questions the design. I think I'll pass.