Would you book a trip to outer space or under sea?

/ Would you book a trip to outer space or under sea? #31  
Lots of people get killed using tractors. Or riding motorcycles. Or cutting trees. Or hiking. Or driving a car. The world can be a dangerous place. Be thankful you've made it this far while continuing whatever dangerous activities you partake in.

I think a deep sea expedition wouldn't be the most dangerous of my life activities statistically. If it was free, I'd go.

We did go on a sub ride in Waikiki once, about 100 feet down. That was a very cool experience.

/ Would you book a trip to outer space or under sea? #32  
Down where the pressure is 6000 lbs/sq/inch? In an un-certified vessel operated with a game controller to operate it?

In extreme conditions, short-cuts should not be taken..............or when any safety is important, like the farm.

Last edited:
   / Would you book a trip to outer space or under sea? #33  
About 2.4 miles deep in a hull made from carbon fiber and titanium?

/ Would you book a trip to outer space or under sea? #34  
My answer to the original question is NO.
Now I have a question:
Has anyone heard what was making the sound that was reported several days into the disappearance? If the passengers were killed right off, it couldn't have been them beating on the sub to signal rescuers.

/ Would you book a trip to outer space or under sea? #35  
Under water is loud the banging could be things settling or rocks falling.
I have been diving with sharks and in the open ocean, on various above water and underwater craft.
This sub was just an accident waiting to happen.
Manageable risk vs. hold my beer mentality

/ Would you book a trip to outer space or under sea? #36  
My wife & I used to drag race which was fine since I was in control, but years ago we went to the Air & Space museum in Hampton. They had a 2 passenger centrifuge wife wanted us to try. They strapped us in and I started having a panic attack until I saw the big red "STOP" button. Then it slowly started rotating which wasn't too bad until it picked up speed and our seats swung out!
That's when I frantically pushed the stop button, first by hand then both feet!!!
It came to a stop, they unstrapped me and everyone was laughing. (?).
They closed the hatch and I stood with the crowd...laughing because inside centrifuge cabin was a camera!
They replayed my panic attack then I watched on the big screen my wife grinning ear to ear saying "faster! faster! Yeah!".

/ Would you book a trip to outer space or under sea? #37  
I might be willing to go out to space in my later years, but to hell with the ocean!

/ Would you book a trip to outer space or under sea? #38  
1687541020500.png

/ Would you book a trip to outer space or under sea? #39  
I think the Navy knew it imploded on Sunday. The mainstream media idiots probably knew it too, but didn't say anything to keep sheeple glued to their TV sets so they would buy more pharmaceuticals they advertise.

/ Would you book a trip to outer space or under sea? #40  
NO - to both. I went into a REAL sub while vacationing with the the family in Hawaii. It was tied up at the naval station and I was with a tour. Claustrophobia got the better of me and I had to make an early exit.

Hay Dude said it. There is more than sufficient excitement right here on my 80.

I'm iffy in those parked subs too, but I absolutely love checking out the old stuff anyways.

Did anyone here ever see the movie "Gray Lady Down" (1978)? I was a kid with no TV and almost never saw a movie and idk about you but I found that movie to be more of a horror movie than any I've seen since, the notion that real people went through such stuff.