Would you book a trip to outer space or under sea?

/ Would you book a trip to outer space or under sea? #41  
Hmmmm. Guess I'm the odd man out.

I don't have a huge desire to go deeper in the ocean than I've been but I'd gladly go if given the right opportunity.

I don't have a huge desire to go to space, but I'd love to walk on the moon.

But my past experiences include being rescued and rescuing others, to include one of my dumb stories being made into a documentary so maybe my view is just different.

/ Would you book a trip to outer space or under sea? #42  
Let make this proper interesting! A rocket that starts in the Mariana trench and then shoots you into outer space. Lol.

/ Would you book a trip to outer space or under sea? #43  
My answer to the original question is NO.
Now I have a question:
Has anyone heard what was making the sound that was reported several days into the disappearance? If the passengers were killed right off, it couldn't have been them beating on the sub to signal rescuers.
Someone from the Navy mentioned it was other ships in the area making that repetitive noise.

/ Would you book a trip to outer space or under sea? #44  
There used to be a parked submarine tour in Charleston and I kind of figure if our sea port has one otherl US sea ports do because old subs are navy surplus. Does anyone know of other ports with parked submarine tours?

/ Would you book a trip to outer space or under sea? #45  
There used to be a parked submarine tour in Charleston and I kind of figure if our sea port has one otherl US sea ports do because old subs are navy surplus. Does anyone know of other ports with parked submarine tours?
Submarine tours I am aware of.
Galveston Naval Museum in Texas.
Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI).

/ Would you book a trip to outer space or under sea? #47  
I've been on a few of those.

Been to the one in SF.
The Nautilus is in Groton, CT.
There's another WWII Era sub in Manitowoc, WI.

/ Would you book a trip to outer space or under sea? #48  

Theres an old submarine called the USS Becuna in Philadelphia at Penn’s Landing

There’s also one in the Inner Harbor in Baltimore. The USS Torsk

I've been on a few of those.

Been to the one in SF.
The Nautilus is in Groton, CT.
There's another WWII Era sub in Manitowoc, WI.
My Grandpop worked on building the turbines for the Nautilus Submarine at Westinghouse in Lester, PA (just south of Philadelphia) probably back in the early 60’s.
I think that was out first nuclear powered submarine.

Last edited:
   / Would you book a trip to outer space or under sea? #49  
What is the preoccupation with the Titanic?
It's a pile of rust ready to collapse. There are plenty of pictures.
There were three sister ships, Titanic, Olympic and Britannic.
Britannic sank after hitting a mine while in use as a hospital ship during WW1. Within diving depth.
Do you ever hear about her?
Olympic served out her useful career and was scrapped in the mid 1930s. Couple state rooms were preserved. No big whoop.
But Titanic this and Titanic that.
Why do people care?
Tragedy happened, what was learned from it, move on.
People die everyday at sea and it doesn't even make the news.

/ Would you book a trip to outer space or under sea? #50  
Pearl Harbor still has the Bowfin in the water for tours.