wood processor hydraulic circuits

/ wood processor hydraulic circuits
My wedge isnt the typical wedge just welded to the end of the hbeam. It is a box design 12 way wedge that will be riding up and down in a box frame. The box frame will be attached to the bottom of the beam, as well as at the mid point and top point to the rest of the splitter frame. I am also boxing the hbeam and plating the top rail. I dont think I will have any problems with deflection or bending of the hbeam. I might be proven wrong, but it it bends, I'll figure out a way to fix it.

/ wood processor hydraulic circuits #22  
What thickness metal are you using to the box the beam, and will the box frame run the entire length of the beam ?

beam is 1/2 in. boxing material will also be 1/2. Flange plate will also be 1/2in. The beam will look like the roman numeral 3, III, with the boxing material being about 3 in from center on each side leaving a edge of the flange to mount the pusher slide to. The 3in is just a guess, I havent actually measured it yet. By itself with a 30x30 inch tall wedge, I would bet on lots of deflection. Bracing the wedge at top, middle and bottom, to the frame of the machine, if it twists, It would have to twist the whole machine. I think it would take a very knarly split before something like that could happen. Of course, I'll probably find out the hard way.

/ wood processor hydraulic circuits #24  
Using the 1/2" thick steel to box, you may well have it covered.

Still, with the two 4 1/2" cylinders, I sure wouldn't be surprised to see it flex some either ...

Using the 1/2" thick steel to box, you may well have it covered.

Still, with the two 4 1/2" cylinders, I sure wouldn't be surprised to see it flex some either ...

It will come bleed or blister. I'll but on bandaids if it breaks