Wood-Mizer is approximately 6month behind from order date to deliver date....

/ Wood-Mizer is approximately 6month behind from order date to deliver date....
YAY! MILL ARRIVED!

YAY!!! THE RAIN HAS HELD OFF!!

so you just KNOW there was some other issue…

Woodmizer Mills come on their own custom pallets. For this particular mill (LX55) the pallet is 23”x65”. Designed to load on a hi-lo crossways.

When it got transferred at the terminal, it was loaded the same way. Instead of being put atop a standard 44x40 pallet.

HOWEVER. . . that “Same way“ is wider than my trailer. So the driver horses it around 90 degrees, but then it was too narrow for the standard pallet jack on the truck to get both forks under… and, the parcel and the pallet Jack would not both fit on the lift gate simultaneously in that orientation.

Luckily I am one of those “belt & suspenders” types, so I had also packed a come-along and some rope and 2-sheave snatch blocks…

with a bit of creative maneuvering, some muscle work, and a little bit of blood from when my finger got caught between the pawl and the gear on the come-along, (a napkin and some electrical tape is always handy!) we got it loaded into the trailer successfully.

we have appointments tomorrow. But Friday should be unpacking day up at the woodlot. I still need to get about 20 concrete blocks to put under the feet for leveling and stability but I am quite happy to have the unit delivered!!!!!