Wisdom

/ Wisdom #11  
Sorry to hear, she's a beautiful looking dog, she was obviously loved.
I lost my dog over 5 years ago now and to this day I still find myself reaching down with a frozen french fry to give to her.
She's in my Google profile pic:
1701536285196.png

/ Wisdom #12  
INCITEFUL. Definition: When someone says or does something that makes other people want to do something, especially something bad
Seemed kind of odd.
But what this post is really about is the inciteful statement my wife made to me last night.
But I agree if you meant insightful.
For some a parakeet will do.
But I feel for your loss.
I lost a GREAT GS about 40 years ago during Christmas when I was all alone, tore me up big time.

/ Wisdom #13  
Our dogs are with us through thick and thin their entire life. The least we can do is be strong when they need us to be, at the end. It is painful but it is our duty. I may not get another dog after the present one but it will be a choice I will debate. Good luck going forward.

/ Wisdom #14  
Mrs. Rocks does not want another dog after our last one (nearly 17) passed because of the grief we experienced at the end. I find myself thinking there's still another dog in a shelter somewhere that could have a good life with us.

/ Wisdom #15  
Your wife is smart. I am very sorry about your dog.

I know more than a few couples that when one passed, the other deteriorated quickly. None had pets as a companions.

Even young folks, if they are recently divorced, do much much better if they have a pet. My sister made it through her divorce much better because of her dog.

As humans, I think we crave companionship and someone to take care of and protect. Pets fit the bill for many.
Terry decided she wanted a UTV. So she bought a used Ranger. I added a heater and doors so she can drive it in cold weather. I finished insulating the doors yesterday evening about dark. Jumped in and took a lap around the farm in 30F snowy weather to test my work. When I got back to the shop 15 minutes later Willard was gone. Immediately I realized he wanted to go and had followed me. I felt horrible. 10 minutes later he got back to the shop wet and panting. Guessing he made it to the back side of the farm trying to keep up about the time I got back to the shop. Then ran all the way back.......

The thing about a dog. He came in the shop and immediately ran up to me wagging his tail and excited. No sign of anger or disappointment that I had forgotten to let him ride along.

That's the quality of loyalty and friendship that a dog offers. :)

/ Wisdom #16  
I lost a GREAT GS about 40 years ago during Christmas when I was all alone, tore me up big time.
I'll bet there's a story there. Sorry for your loss.

/ Wisdom
Seemed kind of odd.

But I agree if you meant insightful.
For some a parakeet will do.
But I feel for your loss.
Gotta love spellcheck

/ Wisdom #18  
Terry decided she wanted a UTV. So she bought a used Ranger. I added a heater and doors so she can drive it in cold weather. I finished insulating the doors yesterday evening about dark. Jumped in and took a lap around the farm in 30F snowy weather to test my work. When I got back to the shop 15 minutes later Willard was gone. Immediately I realized he wanted to go and had followed me. I felt horrible. 10 minutes later he got back to the shop wet and panting. Guessing he made it to the back side of the farm trying to keep up about the time I got back to the shop. Then ran all the way back.......

The thing about a dog. He came in the shop and immediately ran up to me wagging his tail and excited. No sign of anger or disappointment that I had forgotten to let him ride along.

That's the quality of loyalty and friendship that a dog offers. :)
NY first dog started going with me when she was 7 weeks old. I would work until she got tired, then carry her back to the truck and put her to sleep in her box. She was completely at home in the woods.
The last winter I had her, there was too much snow for her to get around. I was working on the end of plowed woods roads and often would just leave her by the truck while I snowshoed off. Sometimes she would stay by the truck, other times she would go with me for a while, then head back to the truck.
A couple of times I would get back and find she had gotten bored and had taken off after me. Eventually she would show up in my tracks, tired but happy.

/ Wisdom #19  
As I recall a dog's pray to his people upon his death:

A Dog's Prayer
Peace for me is certain now, and I suspect I will have eternal sleep in the earth I have loved so well. Please, after your period of grieving for me, make room in your heart for another. You are the kind of human being that should always have a friend like me to love.
And somewhere now there is poor dog looking for your kindness to provide a good meal, a warm place to sleep, and a pat on the head in exchange for a lifetime of admiration.

/ Wisdom #20  
NY first dog started going with me when she was 7 weeks old. I would work until she got tired, then carry her back to the truck and put her to sleep in her box. She was completely at home in the woods.
The last winter I had her, there was too much snow for her to get around. I was working on the end of plowed woods roads and often would just leave her by the truck while I snowshoed off. Sometimes she would stay by the truck, other times she would go with me for a while, then head back to the truck.
A couple of times I would get back and find she had gotten bored and had taken off after me. Eventually she would show up in my tracks, tired but happy.
Heart warming post.