Will UAW Strike?

/ Will UAW Strike? #711  
I have positioned myself very well financially in retirement, but I chose to drive a low optioned regular cab truck and paid cash for it when I bought it, in 2014.

I told myself that depending on how long I lived I hope that it will be my last vehicle.

I could easily afford to buy a new truck every couple of years, but I choose to save that money as a legacy for my heirs.

I really have absolutely no incentive to give Fain and his bandits any of my cash.
I'm 50 and want to retire at an somewhat early age. Not gonna walk into a mortgage size payment just for a vehicle.

/ Will UAW Strike? #712  
Gonna start to get sporty for ford. They said there offer is max what they can afford. Still not good enough for Fain. Gonna be a long strike for them.

Then mack truck UAW members told Fain to either raise the pay to 750 and for Fain to get paid the same or he needs to step down.

He won't but the members are not to impressed with him

/ Will UAW Strike? #713  
New vehicles at $60k and up is ridiculous. Some are close to $100k? I’m stupidly driving under $10k cars (have several of them) that have been paid in full since day one.

About to pick up a decent under 100k mile Toyota Camry for like about $2k soon.

/ Will UAW Strike? #714  
Do you guys have to pass smog on older cars all the way back to 1976 like I do in California?

Cars bodies last seemingly forever here but emissions is responsible for many cars in the junkyard.

/ Will UAW Strike? #715  
Do you guys have to pass smog on older cars all the way back to 1976 like I do in California?

Cars bodies last seemingly forever here but emissions is responsible for many cars in the junkyard.

In Missouri you are required to have an emissions test every time plates are renewed —- which at most is every 2 years.

/ Will UAW Strike? #716  

Nope!

/ Will UAW Strike? #717  
What I do not understand is diesels “rolling coal” seems to have no emission control

/ Will UAW Strike? #718  
From Texas DPS:

Which vehicles are required to have the emissions test?

• Vehicles registered in designated counties. Designated counties include: Brazoria, Collin, Dallas, Denton, El Paso, Ellis, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Johnson, Kaufman, Montgomery, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, Travis, and Williamson.
  • Gasoline powered vehicles. Diesel powered vehicles and motorcycles are exempt from emissions testing, but are still required to have the annual safety inspection.
  • Vehicles 2 through 24 years old OR upon expiration of the two-year initial inspection sticker.

/ Will UAW Strike? #719  
Since the US is now is a debt spiral where we are on pace to add close to 5 trillion in one year to the debt, they will have to continue to inflate their way out of this mess.

The dollar is actually at it's most valuable it's been for years. The fed is defending the dollar as other countries try to settle oil in something other than petrodollars.

So if the dollar is the strongest currency going, and we have everything more expensive...that just shows inflation is the absolute worst thing that an economy can endure.

Few understand just how perilous the US is in financially.

Basically, the government is broke.
I think a lot of people understand that the country is in big financial troubles, but other than casting their vote for candidates that SAY they will work to cut spending and balance the budget. What are they to do? If there is to be true change, some very unpopular decisions are going to have to be made and I'm afraid it probably isn't going to happen.

/ Will UAW Strike? #720  
What I do not understand is diesels “rolling coal” seems to have no emission control

Did anyone see Ebay is being fined for all the “rolling coal” computer boxes they sold? Fines will be in the billions.

I don’t like it. Never saw the reason to add more smoke/soot to the atmosphere than is needed to get real work done.