Will UAW Strike?

/ Will UAW Strike?
I've looked at UAW facebook pages and most are complaining about CEO salaries. Evidently the people complaining can't do math. If you divide the CEO's salary up between all UAW members for Ford, they couldn't even afford a meal at McDonalds each week.

/ Will UAW Strike? #582  
Not to mention all the small businesses that are taking a beating now because they can't get parts from their suppliers. Unions are evil.
Big business isn't about jobs anymore, it's about investment for the stockholders. That is the problem and it is growing.

"American auto CEOs make a lot – as do top brass across many industries in the US. Globally, the base salary of corporate chief executives is somewhat comparable. Yet the size of variable compensation is wildly different – and it's one of the reasons US CEOs make so much more than many executives abroad."

"The bulk of US CEO pay – sometimes 90% or more – is tied to performance. For executives across industries, simply, as their company makes more money, their earnings increase. Performance-based pay is meant to incentivise CEOs to make a business as productive as possible, maximizing value for shareholders. "

UAW auto strike: Why US Automotive CEOs make more than global competition

/ Will UAW Strike? #583  
I don't know how one gets a "degree" in CEO, but I think all of them make way to damned much money along with a bunch of college professors and politicians.

Cheers,
Mike

/ Will UAW Strike? #584  
Well I have for the first time ever blocked a TBNer……

So now I never need to see the chiweiney’s annoying barking again as long as you guys do not quote him

/ Will UAW Strike? #585  
I keep getting this ominous feeling that the auto companies are gonna hunker down and bleed the union strike fund dry and ultimately tell the UAW to pound salt. There are a boatload of workers out there that can assume those union positions on an assembly line putting bolt A into hole B and be quite happy with the wages presently earned.

Fain is playing a dangerous game in my view and I keep suspecting that a boatload of union members won't be happy with the results.

Just sitting back and watching. Problem is, the 2nd and 3rd tier suppliers will take one heck of a bath no matter how it plays out.

Like I said previously, my hunting buddy in Indiana is about to lay off workers because orders for steel have either slowed way down or gotten cancelled. Not many of the 2nd and 3rd tier suppliers are union in the first place. Some are, like Lear for instance, but most aren't.

/ Will UAW Strike? #586  
Big business isn't about jobs anymore, it's about investment for the stockholders. That is the problem and it is growing.

"American auto CEOs make a lot – as do top brass across many industries in the US. Globally, the base salary of corporate chief executives is somewhat comparable. Yet the size of variable compensation is wildly different – and it's one of the reasons US CEOs make so much more than many executives abroad."

"The bulk of US CEO pay – sometimes 90% or more – is tied to performance. For executives across industries, simply, as their company makes more money, their earnings increase. Performance-based pay is meant to incentivise CEOs to make a business as productive as possible, maximizing value for shareholders. "

UAW auto strike: Why US Automotive CEOs make more than global competition
It has always been this way. Businesses don't exist to create jobs, that is a positive By Product of successful business. If you are in business solely to create jobs, you will soon be out of business and those jobs gone along with it.

The fact that some people cannot understand why executives garner high pay explains exactly why you are not capable of doing their jobs. Sure, some executives are bad at their jobs. News flash...they get fired. Bad union employees keep getting paid (talking non-skilled, not trade unions).

/ Will UAW Strike? #587  
A cruise through history paints a bleak picture in any country where the majority of people begin to struggle for basics and have little to lose.

Our economy and prices are not driven by the lowest 51% of wage earners, but our government and our laws could be.

Be careful what you wish for workers that are less skilled or less fortunate in the time that they were born.

These are employed Americans that get up and go to work to build things. And I respect the desire they have for parity between workers doing the same job. Many here seem to think that the higher paid ones should volunteer for the lower tier, like I’m sure we all would in their shoes.

America today is not as benevolent as many of you seem to have experienced. After the good paying blue collar jobs are gone, it will gradually take less and less compensation to entice someone to become an engineer, accountant, or manager, or low level executive too. Labor cost is labor cost. Shouldn’t all labor be globally competitive? That’s what it will take to “preserve American jobs”, and those jobs will become super important as gradually more working Americans need two of them to live the dream.

/ Will UAW Strike? #588  
The unions destroyed International Harvester. They were some of the most technologically advanced designs of their day. Their large farm tractors were the first ever with on board computers. The Scouts were awesome SUV’s. The final versions set the bar for the full size SUV. The Travelalls were the precursor for the Suburban.
My only experience with an IH vehicle was a late 60s vintage pickup I had in the 70s. Rugged truck, but man, was it crude. Ride quality was rough & noisy, even by truck standards of the day. Major rust bucket too. "Awesome" is not a word I'd use to describe it. Nothing I'd consider technically advanced either.

/ Will UAW Strike? #589  
It's a 'lumber wagon' unloaded no doubt but with the camper in the back or the gooseneck on the hitch, loaded, it rides quite nicely.
My wife is finding that out. Needed a bigger truck for towing and hauling crap. I was looking more at a f250 but wife found a clean 08 f350 crewcab long bed. Nice truck and as long as you pull in 1 mirror, actually fits in the garage

/ Will UAW Strike? #590  
The older Fords and the newer ones, light years difference in not only build quality but they tend to run forever as well (with normal maintenance)). My7 97 has NO emissions junk on it what so ever.