Will UAW Strike?

/ Will UAW Strike? #611  
There have been a couple of unsuccessful attempts made at Tesla already. I would think that if the UAW cuts a really good deal it may entice more pro-union employees.
I don't believe the UAW will increase it's membership at non union plants. If anything they will loose members.

Trust me, they won't 'cut' a really good deal because the automakers won't aqree to it and never will.

Each and every day on strike, they go backwards a little bit more.

/ Will UAW Strike? #612  
Finally, the non union automakers are all located in RTW states, unlike here in Michigan where our democrat (and pro union) governor overturned the RTW mandate and made Michigan a mandatory 'closed shop' state where working in a union shop requires you join the union and pay union dues or you don't work there, IMO a stupid move on her part but then she's made a lot of 'questionable' moves in her tenure and no I did not vote for her either. I'm glad she's on term limits, maybe the people here in Michigan will come to their collective senses and elect a governor who is pro Michigan, not holding my breath however.

... and of course with a democrat house and senate in Lansing, any and all of her questionable moves are applauded by them and passed no matter what.

/ Will UAW Strike? #613  
I’m a retired land surveyor and the unions have been pushing for surveyors to be in the union on construction projects where federal and state money is involved, usually highway projects. At the federal level they just had a ruling where the licensed professional land surveyor doesn’t have to be union but the helpers do.

I‘m not sure how this will work out as in the big cities I understand union surveyors can be found but not so much in the more rural areas. I know the company I worked for will probably just refuse to work on those projects. It will just drive up costs.

/ Will UAW Strike? #614  
There have been a couple of unsuccessful attempts made at Tesla already. I would think that if the UAW cuts a really good deal it may entice more pro-union employees.
Most employees are well aware of the pros & cons of a union. The work environment would have to be bad before I voted to bring a union in, knowing full well that I will pay union dues and if a strike is called potentially lose income.

/ Will UAW Strike? #615  
I wonder if the UAW understand they are currently supported by employees of dying companies. This automotive insider seems to have data supporting only two automotive companies have a path into the future. Until this strike I never grasped the terminal nature of the former Big 3. I just read GM is working to put together a six billion dollar line of credit to help offset strike related cash flow concerns.

Last edited:
   / Will UAW Strike? #617  
My wife has the option to join or not at the VA, she chose not to.
If by VA you mean Veterans Administration I agree. My son worked at the VA as a nurse in Dallas a few years. Hard to get fired regardless of being in a union.

/ Will UAW Strike?
I wonder if the UAW understand they are currently supported by employees of dying companies. This automotive insider seems to have data supporting only two automotive companies have a path into the forward. Until this strike never grasped the terminal nature of the former Big 3. I just read GM is working to put together a six billion dollar line of credit to help offset strike related cash flow concerns.

I won't be convinced until I see Ford drop the ball on the 2025 EV pickup.

/ Will UAW Strike? #619  
I won't be convinced until I see Ford drop the ball on the 2025 EV pickup.
That is Ford's best indicator perhaps.

Once we see post strike how much they are going to need to reduce their move to EVs budget things may become clearer. Assuming Cybertruck production is hitting on all cylinders by 2025 that can be boost or bust for Ford or just neutral.

/ Will UAW Strike? #620  
Finally, the non union automakers are all located in RTW states, unlike here in Michigan where our democrat (and pro union) governor overturned the RTW mandate and made Michigan a mandatory 'closed shop' state where working in a union shop requires you join the union and pay union dues or you don't work there, IMO a stupid move on her part but then she's made a lot of 'questionable' moves in her tenure and no I did not vote for her either. I'm glad she's on term limits, maybe the people here in Michigan will come to their collective senses and elect a governor who is pro Michigan, not holding my breath however.

... and of course with a democrat house and senate in Lansing, any and all of her questionable moves are applauded by them and passed no matter what.
If we can get rid of a few select areas, MI would be a solid red state. Never happen though.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

2018 International HX620 Quint Dump Truck (A33544)
2018 International...
2014 JLG SKYTRACK 8042 TELEHANDLER (A32908)
2014 JLG SKYTRACK...
2006 PITTS LOG TRAILER (A32908)
2006 PITTS LOG...
Grain Auger (A33041)
Grain Auger (A33041)
Miller Dialarc 250 AC/DC Welding Power Source Single Phae (A33349)
Miller Dialarc 250...
2013 John Deere 3320 (A33526)
2013 John Deere...