Width of 3-point Implements

/ Width of 3-point Implements #1  

UncleMerle

Tractor
2021 Mahindra 2660
The overall width of my tractor is 6 feet. I am intending to buy a land plane/grader for driveway maintenance and general landscaping and I'm looking for opinions on whether a standard 6-foot grader is adequate or if it's best to go with a seven-foot grader for coverage outside the tractor footprint. I may have just answered my own question - your thoughts, please. Thanks.

/ Width of 3-point Implements #2  
My L3010 is 5' wide and so is my land-plane (inside the box). This is what it does.. You only have to cover the tires. You don't need it wider but, I wouldn't want it narrower.

LowerRd2.JPG

P1200243.JPG

Here is one to show how close it is

P1000978.JPG

gg

Last edited:
   / Width of 3-point Implements
Thanks. I was impressed with your grader - liked the hinged back panel. Nice work.

/ Width of 3-point Implements #4  
How wide is your driveway?

/ Width of 3-point Implements #7  
It'll depend on the type of implement...a land plane or box blade, the same as the width of your tractor (at the widest point) would be adequate. An implement that can angle (rear blade, landscape rake) should be wider to accommodate the angling and still be the width of the tractor

/ Width of 3-point Implements #8  
If you go with a rear blade, rather than land plane. Get extra width as you will want to angle the blade and still cover the wheel width and crown the road when width varies. Ours varies fro 20+’ down to 12’ wide

Attachments

• A0DCE174-4C9C-4C91-B71C-932154FAE3F3.jpeg
    A0DCE174-4C9C-4C91-B71C-932154FAE3F3.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 105
Last edited:
   / Width of 3-point Implements #9  
For maintaining a 10' wide driveway I would use a 6' operating width Land Plane.

/ Width of 3-point Implements #10  
The rear tires on my M6040 are 80" - outside to outside. I've never been that concerned about the width of any of my land engagement implements. They are all very heavy and do a quite adequate job.

The exception - my rear blade. It's 96". This allows me to offset and angle the blade. I can blade snow off the driveway and not have to drive right on the edge.

I have a few spots on my mile long gravel driveway where the drop off is greater than ten feet.