Why Not New Holland???

/ Why Not New Holland??? #31  
Soundguy said:
I had thought about getting an economy.. or a power king. There is one of each for sale near me.. just havn't worked up the nerve to venture towards one yet..

soundguy

There's quite a users group on Yahoo regarding Economy/Power King. Right now the prices have fallen a little. A fully functional one runs $1000-$1500 depending on implements and condition. Most parts can be found.

Andy

/ Why Not New Holland??? #32  
Okay 12volt...I'll try to straighten you out.;)

You made the same mistake the "people" make when they say, "Stay away from New Holland." There is no information there, only a negative connotation. You say the T2320 looks "a little stripped down" without saying why. Was it missing a hood?:rolleyes: :D Please tell us what it did not have. Then we can respond. There are three basic models of T2320. You may have looked at the lower end. Did it have rubber mats? A cab? HST?

New Hollands can be configured very nicely. One thing I like about the T2320 is that you can add up to three rear hydraulic remotes. Can you get three in a Deere, a Kioti, a Massey? You have to check out what a tractor may have as options for later upgrades.

In my opinion, the Deere compact tractors have a little lead in technology and features right now with their electronic engine and transmission controls as well as a John Deere built engine. For that, you will pay a little more. I think if you try the NH, you will see it has nice features and an operator layout with all the controls in the right place, specifically the pedal placement on the HST models and the loader joystick controls.

So, please take the time to ask a little more specific questions so we can respond with the kind of meaningful details you can "take to the bank" when buying a tractor. Generalizations are often misleading and hard to nail down. There are lots of really great compact tractors out there and folks here will do their best to help if they know exactly the details you are looking for. I can talk all day about what I like, but you aren't buying a tractor for me.;) :)

I bought a basic TC40A
and I did it on purpose, less gizmo's mean less things to break.
Or at least that is the way I see it.

/ Why Not New Holland??? #33  
I also like the models with less gizmos... My 2000 NH 7610s is essentially the same tractor as my ford 5000 in design, save it has an alternator vs a genny, and has a fuel cutoff solenoid for the injector pump.. ( engine is a 305 vs a 256 as well ).

Howeve rthe basic casting design o fthe axle and the tranny is virtually identical... the 'crashbox' 8spd is almost unchanged as well..

bells and whistles can be nice.. but they usually cost more up front and cost more to fix later..... and at the end of the day have usually turned just as much soil as the plain jane models..

soundguy

/ Why Not New Holland??? #34  
I also like the models with less gizmos...

I looked at the parts list for my tractor and no gizmos were listed: no mechanical gizmos, no electrical gizmos, no hydraulic gizmos, no left-hand or right-hand gizmos. I think they quit putting gizmos on tractors back in the '80s.:rolleyes:;):D

/ Why Not New Holland??? #35  
The guy who startred this thread must never have read any of mine. LOL

/ Why Not New Holland??? #36  
I looked at the parts list for my tractor and no gizmos were listed: no mechanical gizmos, no electrical gizmos, no hydraulic gizmos, no left-hand or right-hand gizmos. I think they quit putting gizmos on tractors back in the '80s.:rolleyes:;):D

I forgot to add , bells, and whistles, sometimes gongs and chrome too! ( a lil chrome is ok though! )

soundguy

/ Why Not New Holland??? #40  
My TC 40 A didn't have any extra kanooter valves, so it was a deal maker.