Why Not New Holland???

/ Why Not New Holland??? #11  
I sell both Kubota and New Holland. There is no reason that "internet research" should sway you one way or another. Get your butt in the seat of each one, drive them and buy what you like. They are very different tractors. There is no compelling reason to buy one over the other. Kubota's do run cheaper and often win from a value perspective, however New Holland makes a very good tractor that is truely the right machine in some applications.

/ Why Not New Holland??? #12  
Prices must vary greatly by region. Down here in florida.. MF is the cheapest ( more hp per $ ).. followed by NH, and orange and green are at the top of the money pile ..

soundguy

/ Why Not New Holland??? #13  
All I know is what I know ... I've had my NH TC 30 for nealry four years and approachng 500 hours. it's been a tough, reliable, and capable machine ... no complaints from me.

/ Why Not New Holland??? #14  
I've had one Deere and then 5 new Ford / New Hollands in a row. One is a 2120 that I have had since 1987, Other than an early TN75S which New Holland replaced so that they could get it back to engineering to sort out some computer issues they have all been very close to flawless. Of all of these the Deere had the most problems and even then it wasn't many. I think you'll find that whoever is telling you that has nothing to back it up.

Andy

/ Why Not New Holland??? #15  
I have a DX55 that has had electrical problems. But otherwise It has been a good tractor. When I looked I didn't like the transmission controls on the John Deere. The Kubota dealers I looked at weren't the best but the dealers I found now are better. I would look at all these again When I buy another one. All tractor manufacturers have some problems with thier tractors. It is how the dealers handle the problems that is important.
Renovator

/ Why Not New Holland??? #16  
Over the last 20 odd years I have used green, red and orange tractors, never blue because until lately, we never had a NH dealer close. Over that time, without doubt, the best tractor I have used is the 50 year old JD 820 we have at the farm. It just feels so solid and safe and it just keeps on running. The last 3 tractors we have bought have all been Kubotas but that has nothing to do with color, just specifications and price.

So, my advice would be to go find a tractor that you like with the options you want at the best price you can get and go with it, irrespective of color. I think that most modern, premium tractors are pretty much of a par. What sets one one above another is that some may offer features that another may not, and that you may not want anyway, or the pricing for that particular month may be very competitive. I have never owned or operated a NH but if their quality was as bad as some of the stories that get thrown around would suggest, they would have gone the way of dinosaur ... died out years ago. They're still here so, they can't be all that bad. Remember, any new piece of equipment can have faults or glitches, it's a fact of life.

/ Why Not New Holland??? #17  
12voltman made up his mind the day after he started this thread. Click Here.

12voltman said:
I'm trying to decide between the Deere or the Kubota...

/ Why Not New Holland??? #18  
MikePA said:
12voltman made up his mind the day after he started this thread. Click Here.

Mike, I read that linked thread and came to the opposite conclusion. It seems 12voltman is still trying to make up his mind. He thought the Deere was the one until he tried a Kubota. Now he is having serious second thoughts. Perhaps he will try another color and feel the same way. I think he is experiencing what fun it is to compare tractors and features. If he is not careful, he'll end up being 12tractorman.;) :D

/ Why Not New Holland??? #19  
My neighbor and I went looking at many brands. This went on for about seven years. We scoped out Branson, TMY, Mahindra, Deere, Massey, and many a used tractor. This was not a got to have a tractor now. This was a on going technical evaluation for years. One thing we found was a several year old tractor held it's valve just darn near as well as new. So we decided to buy new. He had basicly decided on a JD 4310, although the electronics longevity were in question. I then showed him a booklet I had gotten seveal years before he got serious about a purchase. It was the complete line up for New Holland's smaller tractors. From the TC18, through the TC55. We then went to the New Holland dealer, and looked at the TC line up. He imediately saw how much more machine he could get for his money. The loader design was second to none. The big plus was that NH offered a basic gear drive tractor, with a very ergonimic shifter mounted on the dash, as well as a fully sycronized main shaft transmission, for shifting the main gears o the fly as you can do in an automobile. He was sold, and that week he bought a TC35. I followed soon after with my purchase of a TC48. Now also you must understand that the dealer we bought from has been outstanding also. Not only with pricing. There was not long term haggling. Justin the sales person just low balled the numbers from the start. We both have had a few warranty issues, which were handle imediately. Nothing major. I for one have been extremly pleased with mine. Both machines are Japanese built, and final assembly is performed in Georgia. I gave very seriously consideration to purchasing a Kioti DK45S, which I still think is an outstanding tractor for the money. I just loved the NH 18LA loader, and dash shifter design arrangement.
No one can tell what the future holds for both machines. But anyone what makes statement such as "stay away from New Holland", surely can't back up what he says, unless he has specifics, or owned a "lemon" New Holland. This was a major purchase on my part, and I must say as for now it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. This counter balances all those rotten purchase decisions I have also made. ;)

/ Why Not New Holland???
I like that 12tractorman comment.
If there were only enough money, maybe a different color for each day of the week!
I did go back to the New Holland dealer and take a better look. I found the TC's to have a very nice layout and comfortable feel to them. They also have the best loader visibility I've seen.
However, at this point I think I'm down to either a Deere 4120Ehydro/400CX or a Kubota L4240HST/LA854. My only problem is getting past my fear of all the electronics on todays tractors.
Thanks for the comments.