Why not a small PTO rock crusher?

/ Why not a small PTO rock crusher? #11  
A rock crusher isn’t a cheap piece of equipment and requires a lot of maintenance. You won’t make many tons per hour either. Just buying a load of gravel would look cheap compared to trying to DIY it.

Last edited:
   / Why not a small PTO rock crusher? #13  
Go to alibaba.com and search for "rock crusher." 7000+ hits.

That's where I go when I'm in a whimsical mood.

/ Why not a small PTO rock crusher? #14  
Are you talking soil tiller/crushers or portable/towable rock crushing plants?

Either way your crusher needs a lot of mass or it will beat itself to death in no time.

/ Why not a small PTO rock crusher? #15  
I saw the Chinese one. Still motor driven and the guy had to do a ton of work to it before he could use it.

/ Why not a small PTO rock crusher? #16  
It would seem that it would be a benefit of having one's tractor free to move rock while the crusher is operating, unless one has several tractors.

Impact was mentioned. Perhaps rather than PTO driven, one should get a loader with high flow hydraulics and use it hydraulic pump driven.

/ Why not a small PTO rock crusher? #18  
So......I watched that Chinese rock crusher video. I guess it would be OK if you wanted to crush rock - as a hobby.

I have a mile long gravel driveway. Local contractor estimated 200 to 250 cu yds of gravel to resurface my driveway. Around 15 to 20 dump truck loads.

If I had sufficient rock to be crushed - crushed rock eight hours per day - don't think I would live long enough to "make" 200 cu yds.

How many have actually witnessed a multiple crushing/screening operation. It is a massively huge/noisy/expensive operation.

For $5000 you can get a whole lot of gravel. Of all sizes, shapes, grades, types - etc, etc.

/ Why not a small PTO rock crusher? #19  
Yeah, I thought about that a lot before I bought one.
I hate rocks and I need gravel for my drive, but you're right, I will never produce enough gravel for the driveway.

/ Why not a small PTO rock crusher? #20  
steve tyn don't give up just keep crushing rock a little at
a time and you will have a drive way full before you know it

willy