Why not a small PTO rock crusher?

/ Why not a small PTO rock crusher? #31  
I'm looking at that stone wall thinking I could crush every one of those rocks.
I'm wanting to build a brick workshop. Stone is expensive (and heavy). Unfortunately I don't have enough stone here to make my own rock. At least I don't think so, we'll see when I do a little excavating.

Mom won't be happy if I come over to dig up her pastures looking for rocks, although she did have some petrified wood. Hmmm, that reminds me, I know of a secret stash of petrified wood. I haven't seen it for nearly 30 years... could any of it still be there?

/ Why not a small PTO rock crusher? #32  
If it were run off a PTO, it would make quick work of your PTO clutches, or worse….
At 300rpm the power surges are less than a baler at 75 strokes per minute. Next to that, they are usually belt driven which softens driveline vibrations.

/ Why not a small PTO rock crusher? #33  
If it doesn't destroy a 20 hp Honda engine, I don't see how it could destroy the PTO on my tractor.

/ Why not a small PTO rock crusher? #34  
You need to go to a quarry and watch a jaw crusher work. Most jaw crushers have a large flywheel and belt drive to take the shock off the power unit.

/ Why not a small PTO rock crusher? #35  
AH - HA. I saw a potential use for that crusher you are looking at. Yesterday - visited the neighbor. He and his wife are just finishing up the yard and landscaping. At little bit of "rushing the season" but - hey - it's like spring around here.

The wife had several piles of different shape, size and color "beauty rock". A local contractor handles/delivers this stuff.

She will be using it for landscaping, in her planters and to offset various land shapes and features.

Not my bag. But she is one of those "artsy" types.

/ Why not a small PTO rock crusher? #36  
Take it from a guy who worked for one of the largest aggregate companies in the US and have been on and in many stone crushers...a crusher is not something you want to purchase and attach to your tractor.

/ Why not a small PTO rock crusher? #37  
   / Why not a small PTO rock crusher? #38  
Mine should ship shortly (yes, fully paid for and the EA thing has me a little sceeved out). It probably won't get much use until spring. I'll update as I can.
JeepHead, why not?

/ Why not a small PTO rock crusher? #39  
Take it from a guy who worked for one of the largest aggregate companies in the US and have been on and in many stone crushers...a crusher is not something you want to purchase and attach to your tractor.

/ Why not a small PTO rock crusher? #40  
They tell me my 8x12 shipped from mbmmllc