Why not a small PTO rock crusher?

/ Why not a small PTO rock crusher? #41  
I've seen only one rock crusher at work. Diesel power went to a GIGANTIC, uber heavy flywheel - then to the crusher mechanism.

There was a set of pulleys with six belts between the engine and flywheel. My guess - to cushion the surges caused when crushing the rocks. It was LOUD beyond belief and little rock chips flew everywhere.

/ Why not a small PTO rock crusher? #42  
Well, mine showed up today. Not much news, i got it uncrated. Need to build some legs for it.

/ Why not a small PTO rock crusher? #43  
I've see old ones at tractor shows that are belt driven that worked very good, didn't take a big tractor to run them either.

SR

/ Why not a small PTO rock crusher? #44  
Brought my 8" x 12" crusher home tonight. Mounted it on a trailer with legs. I crushes about as fast as I can feed it by hand. Pretty happy with it.

/ Why not a small PTO rock crusher? #45  
Any pictures

/ Why not a small PTO rock crusher? #46  
I can take them, but don't know how to post them.

/ Why not a small PTO rock crusher? #47  
This popped up on Facebook today.

NORCO Skidsteer rock crusher $2,550

It sounds like that one would need a bit of tinkering, but the price isn't too bad.

That brings up a few Google searches:

EZG Hog Crusher $23,745

Google is also bringing up several small crushers on Alibaba and Aliexpress. Not direct PTO or Hydraulic, but likely could be adapted. Or, find a 50+ year old tractor that still has a belt drive output.

/ Why not a small PTO rock crusher? #48  
Something doesn't sound right with the Norco. "I have about 20 grand into it", but selling it for $2,550.00?

/ Why not a small PTO rock crusher? #49  
A Father & son own this belt powered rock crusher, and crush stone at a couple of our shows every year. Thinking they gave $500 for it. In this video they are powering it with I believe a 35 hp steam engine but has been easily powered with a small 15 hp steam engine, and even belted a Farmall H up to it too and ran it well. I know there's a world of difference in torque between steam and a petrol engine, but a 25-30 hp tractor w/belt pulley should easily run one.

/ Why not a small PTO rock crusher? #50  
Google is also bringing up several small crushers on Alibaba and Aliexpress. Not direct PTO or Hydraulic, but likely could be adapted. Or, find a 50+ year old tractor that still has a belt drive output.
We used to have a belt driven firewood saw which used to be a fodder beet cutter. We cut off the wheel arm of an old Fiat, welded that wheel against the belt pulley and flanged a PTO stub between the lug nuts and wheel.