Why buy a Deere CUT?

/ Why buy a Deere CUT? #61  
Facetious. I must have bought 15+ JDs over the years and sold them eventually and never figured I got a raw deal. Just countering the many JD haters.
I don't know about haters. Seems you did just prove that a lot of people buy the paint. I grew up with IH but I have zero preference on color. The data shows JD CUTS give you less tractor for the money. My personal experience with the JD dealership was worse than any other brand. I wanted to have a good experience with JD. More choices ultimately give me a better value. JD just didn't think my $30k initial investment was worth building a relationship. I get it. They focus more on the big stuff. Bigger margins. I don't hate any of the brands. JD just currently occupies the lowest spot on the rankings for MY needs.

/ Why buy a Deere CUT? #63  
It sounds like your dealer is the problem, not the manufacturer.
The problem is with both. Torvy's experience is echoed by almost everyone here including myself. Many of us started out wanting and looking at Deere only to find that we were ignored and shown they didn't want our business.

/ Why buy a Deere CUT? #64  
I guess I got lucky with my JD purchase back in 2014. Did the whole deal over the phone with a dealer 100 miles away and he delivered everything for $100. I wasn't at all swayed by the color of the tractor, I was swayed by price. My first tractor and had no idea what I wanted or needed. They were running a special on the 3032E. I looked at LS, Kubota, Mahindra and drove them all. I bought my whole rig for $21k. Tractor, loader, rear blade and bush hog. Couldn't be happier with my decision. This machine has been everything I needed or wanted and has given me no issues at all.

/ Why buy a Deere CUT? #66  
Nobody was testing out Yanmar tracotors???
No dealers?

willy
Nope. Stick with quality tractors. Yanmars are for boats.

/ Why buy a Deere CUT? #68  
The problem is with both. Torvy's experience is echoed by almost everyone here including myself. Many of us started out wanting and looking at Deere only to find that we were ignored and shown they didn't want our business.
Mate, that's a bit of a 'crock' as your statement relates totally with particular Dealerships. 'Many of us' is NOT ALL of us.

MY JD Dealership Salesman (a farmer himself) greeted me as soon as I arrived, listened to and questioned me on what I needed a tractor to do, actually recommended a less expensive model that would suit my needs, didn't have one 'on the lot' so he called an owner and arranged a visit (right then and there) to his property so that I could test-drive that owner's tractor AND drove me out to that property so that I could 'give it a go'.

THAT is how my John Deere Dealership sold me my tractor and THAT is why I bought (as the thread title asks) "a Deere CUT".

/ Why buy a Deere CUT? #69  
Mate, that's a bit of a 'crock' as your statement relates totally with particular Dealerships. 'Many of us' is NOT ALL of us.
No my statement extends to John Deere themselves. John Deere's customer service has been some of the worst I have ever experienced. There is more integrity and goodwill shown with government employees then there has been with John Deere employees. If I could rank companies and institutions with the worst customer service John Deere would be one of the top 3.
You need to reread my statement.

MY JD Dealership Salesman (a farmer himself) greeted me as soon as I arrived, listened to and questioned me on what I needed a tractor to do, actually recommended a less expensive model that would suit my needs, didn't have one 'on the lot' so he called an owner and arranged a visit (right then and there) to his property so that I could test-drive that owner's tractor AND drove me out to that property so that I could 'give it a go'.
I'm glad to hear that you were one of the few that had a good experience with them but you are an outlier. Many others on this forum have reported a very different experience then what you had.

/ Why buy a Deere CUT? #70  
I have 2 neighbors that have Deere equipment. One is a grain and dairy farmer that farms a few thousand acres and the other is an excavator with a few million in equipment. Then there are the other large local farmers using green that drive past my driveway. All of them could switch colors if they wanted. We must have a good dealer......