Why buy a Deere CUT?

/ Why buy a Deere CUT? #1  

Geotech

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501,
I'm in the market for a new tractor ~35HP. So, I've been comparing tractor HP, loader lift capacity, tractor weight and price. From there, it boils down to little nuances, like quick attach buckets, 3 range hydro trannies, etc, which the Deere also does not have (in the models I am looking at). From everything I can see, the Deere, lets say the 3038E, is the least tractor for the most money in all categories.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing Deere. I'm posting here to get insight from Deere owners what drives their decision to get a Deere.

/ Why buy a Deere CUT? #2  
I didn't buy a Deere for some of the reasons you listed. But I heavily shopped the economy models of Deere and Kubota. I feel that they both have a great reputation for reliability, parts availability, dealer support & number of dealers around. For local support, I feel these are my best choices (not only).

Model to model comparison: I like the Deere a lot. I like the plastic hood and fenders. I like the twin pedals. Everything seems well built. I liked the PTO knob. If I remember right, it doesn't have a clutch. I feel like it was just a little more comfortable of a workstation. For an all out mowing machine (no loader), I like these better than the Kubota. Price for the 3025E and L2501 were right there in the same range. For mowing, the two range hydro doesn't bother me because when I mow now, the pedal is floored in low or feathered in medium. No big deal if its floored on either model.

The Kubota does have a better loader, and overall has more features that I like for loader work. The rocker pedal has grown on me. The SS style QA was mandatory, and do like the 3 range hydro control better than 2. A lot less show on the standard L series, to the point that the work station looks cheap. But everything is functional.

/ Why buy a Deere CUT? #3  
10 years ago when I purchased my JD 3320 it was mainly because the tractor felt "just right" (ergonomics?) and had all the features I needed/wanted. I wasn't to concerned about the price difference since I knew I would probably keep it for 20-30 years so a few grand over that time period wasn't going to sway me towards a tractor that wasn't comfortable to operate or didn't have the features I wanted. Also important to me was a dealership that I felt comfortable with and had been around for a long time and would most likely still be there for another 30 years.

So far its worked out well. The tractor has been super reliable with only one small warranty issue in its first year and the dealership his still there and always treats me well.

This was my first tractor so at the time I didn't have any brand loyalty but I probably do now:)

/ Why buy a Deere CUT? #4  
G'day Mate. I don't know where you're getting the impression that JD does not have 'quick attach' buckets for the FEL. They have their own JDQA system, which other manufacturers will readily supply in that configuration... I have a 4in1 bucket and a combination bale-spike/fork-lift, both from a 3rd party company.

If you are referring to a SSQA or a Global QA then there are adaptors available. IMHO, the JDQA is lighter in weight yet robust and simple to use. Less weight of the QA means more lifting capacity/weight of the load as long as you don't exceed the 'rating' of the FEL.

My JD 4105 has been flawless in performance as I was advised correctly, by my dealership, as to what to get for the tasks that I need it to perform. I'm very happy, both with the tractor, availability of implements (over the years) and the support/advice of my dealership.

/ Why buy a Deere CUT? #5  
I'm in the market for a new tractor ~35HP. So, I've been comparing tractor HP, loader lift capacity, tractor weight and price. From there, it boils down to little nuances, like quick attach buckets, 3 range hydro trannies, etc, which the Deere also does not have (in the models I am looking at). From everything I can see, the Deere, lets say the 3038E, is the least tractor for the most money in all categories.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing Deere. I'm posting here to get insight from Deere owners what drives their decision to get a Deere.

The "E" models are "economy" tractors meant to hit a price point. Try comparing to an "R" model.

/ Why buy a Deere CUT? #6  
I personally just ran the gamut of looking at everything, and I mean Everything in my area - I talked to my neighbors, they own deere and Kubota, one E series deere and a SCUT Kubota and a CUT Kubota, and 2 CUT deeres. The e series deere was not able to have a MMM on it. Two hydro units one Deere one Kubota - I checked out Mahindra, Branson, Kioti, Kubota, LS, CNH, FNH - now to answer your question fully I would need more info such as WHAT exactly are you WANTING in a CUT machine besides HP. You can compare spec after spec, and nuances and bells/whistles but honestly what is your budget and what do to need to do and how long are you planning to keep it?

For me, I couldn't get a 35HP machine with a MMM that stuck out past the tires on anything that wasn't over 3100lbs. I don't want that kind of weight rutting up my yard when its soft............you see where im going with this, variable after variable.............so I wanted a red tractor but ended up with a green one, and to be quite honest the green one was less money than a Mahindra, CNH, FNH and LS. Branson didn't have one and neither did Kioti and Kubota was the most $$$.

I plan for this to be a step to another tractor someday ( more variables ) - so I wanted resale as well and my 2006 2210 Deere that I bought used brought good $$ outright before the sale. I was amazed at the competitiveness of the green pricing. They also have a customer loyalty program that allows another 5% for you using a dealer in your county. They wont tell you that, another dealer told me that when I tried to compare pricing.

I will say this, I LOVE the operation position for the loader on my Deere its perfect. I like the dual pedals for the hydro, I like the new user proof stuff for my wife and daughter so they don't have to call me and say HONEY/DaaaaaaaD I cant get the thing to start............the dash tells them what to do!!! ( more variables ) now all that said what else do you want to know?

/ Why buy a Deere CUT? #7  
:thumbsup: for searcyfarms.

As I mentioned, my dealership and the way that they've supported me (purchasing, advice, service/parts department) was a huge factor in going with them.

I'm fortunate in that regard... living on an island State, reputation is 'king', and they've earned it.

/ Why buy a Deere CUT? #8  
agreed on the dealer stuff, I know all the guys names and they have treated me fairly at the green store - they know my name and were pleasant to work with on my issues with my 2210 and did the RIGHT thing each time something happened.............it attributed to another green tractor sale in the long run - hard to debate that due to their customer service. I trust them - even if they have to follow their green rules they will find a way to take care of things ;-)

/ Why buy a Deere CUT? #9  
Here is my experience with both, in 2002 I bought a 4310 JD, in 2006 I bought a Kubota, in 2008 the Kubota dealer was out of business and I had warranty with no where to take the tractor, in 2016 I bought a JD cab tractor from the same dealer and same people I bought my 4310 from.

Service after the sale means a lot to me.

Your money, your choice.

/ Why buy a Deere CUT? #10  
my new 2038R had a noisy deck, brand new out of the gate, gave my wife an operators lesson and it seemed like it was getting louder, terrible whine/howl. I took it back to deere, they said hmmm it does seem more noisy than when we set it up in only 20 to 30 mins run time on the deck. So........I left it on wed and today they called me and said its ready to go, we replaced the MMM Gearbox, I picked it up and its SOOO much more quiet. Hopefully it stays quiet.

I am not knocking the Kubota product so hear me right - I rented from a local dealer here - liked the MTL although I had an incident with it and the dealer would not work with me so I let them know how I felt about their business practices...........guess what............I didn't go back there to look for a CUT I went elsewhere and while I didn't find what I was looking for and the fact it was the highest priced unit even w/out a MMM I stopped there. Rented a Takeuchi to finish out my job. Liked the Tak controls WaaaY better -

So.........dealer is very important in my book. I now have 5 hours total on my 2038R - .5 of which my wife put on, 1 I let the machine run for some burn in time and .5 checking out the loader and controls etc.....removing it - so I guess now to use the thing HA!!!! if we had rain I could but our grass is dormant -

I have used the Deere dealer for several years after I purchased my 2210 - I also have purchased some parts/pieces, mainly gaskets for my 1944 Wartime Slant Dash A JD and they still carry some of those parts believe it or not OR they have contacts with some special places that do handle aftermarket stuff.

I have no quams with Deere to this point, I hope it continues.