Which roller

/ Which roller #1  

Jofang

Tractor
Kubota BX2350, Kubota mower Z122, Fleming topper mower, flail mower, rotavator, wood chipper, grader box, Kubota auger, 20 ton splitter
Over the years the 2 acre of grass yard around the house has become very bumpy. The flail mower copes with it no problem, but the bumps are a nuisance and I want to buy a roller for our KB2350 small tractor. I don't know what size or weight I should look for. Our yard is a slight slope, no more than 3 degrees. Any advice welcome.

/ Which roller #2  
IMHO I don't believe a roller will work perhaps it will
just pack the ground. Have you been able to try a
land plane or a rototiller??

willy

/ Which roller #3  
My son had a 48” wide by 24” diameter that supposedly weighed around 900 lbs when full of water. It will only flatten small bumps like angle worm mounds but not any significant mounds. I have used my dethatcher to spread some top soil in small areas to help level the ground and hopefully not smother the grass. Truthfully had limited success since the top soil settles and depressions return just a little shallower.

Only way the roller worked was if ground was border line muddy so X540 tractor was leaving tracks.

/ Which roller #4  
After shallow tilling, broadcasting grass seed and harrowing it in, the roller works great for compressing the soil around the seed for better/faster germination.

It usually has poor results by its self for smoothing bumps.