Advice Needed: Choosing a Flail Mower for My Kioti CK3530

/ Advice Needed: Choosing a Flail Mower for My Kioti CK3530 #1  

Dan101

Tractor
Kioti CK3530
Hi everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm Dan, and I'm relatively new to the tractor community. I've been loving my Kioti CK3530 tractor for the past few months, but now I'm looking to expand my equipment with a flail mower attachment. However, I must admit, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the options out there.

A bit about my small holding: it's around 10 acres in the beautiful countryside, consisting of a mix of fields for growing vegetables, fruits, and grains, as well as some pastureland for my small herd of goats and a couple of dairy cows. Additionally, I have a small orchard with apple, pear, and cherry trees.

I've been eyeing the Farmmaster brand, specifically the HFL150 Farmmaster 1.5m Heavy Duty Flail Mower with Hammers (link: Flail Mowers For Sale). It seems to fit my needs in terms of size and durability, but I'm not sure about its performance and reliability.

So, I wanted to reach out to this knowledgeable community to see if anyone has any experience with the Farmmaster flail mowers. Are they any good? Do they hold up well over time? And most importantly, would the HFL150 be a suitable choice for my Kioti CK3530?

Any advice or insights you could offer would be greatly appreciated. I'm eager to hear from those who have firsthand experience with these machines.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards, Dan

/ Advice Needed: Choosing a Flail Mower for My Kioti CK3530 #2  
Good morning,

I have owned and operated flail mowers for over 4 decades and I have
written about them extensively here on the forum on the lets talk flail
mowers thread.

As you are located in the United Kingdom the only brand I would suggest
to you invest in is a Wessex Flail Mower.

The steel used on the farm master flail mower is too thin and it has little
steel reinforcement in the flail mower rotor shroud.

You can contact Wessex directly and request a free demonstration on your
property with one of their flail mowers and they will help you invest in
the right flail mower for your needs.

I still have and use the Mathews flail mower my father bought 43 years ago.

Leon

Last edited: