Which do you enjoy more: Blowing or Plowing???

What do you enjoy most: blowing or plowing?

• Total voters
   / Which do you enjoy more: Blowing or Plowing??? #42  
Well I have to eat some crow here:eek: because we received about 12" to 14" of heavy wet snow this morning and I had the LP3584 BB on with skid shoes. The Grand L3540 was hardly working but the issue was the weight of the back blade with skid shoes, they would dig into the lawn when I pushed snow off the blacktop. The Land Pride skid shoes from Land Pride are mushroom shaped and heavy duty even in weight, so when I left blacktop they would plow a nice little path on the lawn. Now I believe that the weight of the BB and that the ground was not frozen contributed to this minor landscaping I'd done :eek:. So off with the BB and on with the LA2674 three point snow blower, worked the nuts, :cool2: the hydraulic chute is a neat item to have. I guess I'll have to admit when the ground is not frozen the fel & back blade is UN-forgiven on lawns, oh well that's why we have attachments for right?
DevilDog

/ Which do you enjoy more: Blowing or Plowing???
I'm the one up at 1:00am watching youtube after youtube of unimogs and train blowers and huge loader mounted blowers and the like. Then again, there is something to be said for a plow truck running 25 plus MPH, with snow flying, trip edge tripping and sparks gallor.

This is my first year with a big, Three point blower, might get to try tonight, interested to see how my tractor spins it.

Joel

Joel- I'm with you, I also like the youtubes of the old Walter v-plows. Anyhow, did you get to try out your new 3-pt blower?

/ Which do you enjoy more: Blowing or Plowing??? #44  
I love watching the curling wave of snow coming off the edge of an angled blade. I don't like the frozen berm it leaves behind. I have both, and throwing it does a better job.

/ Which do you enjoy more: Blowing or Plowing??? #45  
I'd like to try blowing, but for now adapting my truck plow to my loader made the most economical sense for me. I have plenty of room to push the snow so the piles don't bother me or get in the way. I can also get a lot closer to the edge of a raised section of my driveway with the blade then I could with a blower. So far the cold of the open cab doesn't bother me much, I do like the extra visibility from the open tractor seat then from a truck cab.

/ Which do you enjoy more: Blowing or Plowing??? #46  
I used to have a blower and cab on my JD GX345. It was a pleasure to use. I now have an X595 with a plow setup and a walk behind JD blower, so now I enjoy plowing more, at least I'm getting some seat time.

If I decide to trade for the new X758 this year, I think I will go back to the blower.

/ Which do you enjoy more: Blowing or Plowing??? #47  
I do both walk behind blower for the 200' walks and paths we have and tractor with blade for the rest for 4-12". If its really deep - over 18" I blow the main drive first to get most of it gone and cleanup with the blade and FEL. Otherwise the sides of the drive get closed in real fast with just plowing.

Like Jabroni I prefer to blow the snow, but I like the curling of snow off the blade too.

Carl