Where Does Your "Handle" Come From?

/ Where Does Your "Handle" Come From? #72  
I was the only one in town advertising for garden tilling jobs. I had a brand new JD 425 with a 50" tiller behind it.

In the early years, almost every new customer said something like "wow that's a big tiller"

/ Where Does Your "Handle" Come From? #73  
My last name is Peters and when I started my business as a mechanic I debated for a long time what to call myself. In my case PMS stands for Peters Mechanical Services. A humorous substitute for an otherwise unloved acronym.

I've often debated the wisdom of my handle as sometimes it garners some disrespectful comments. As I get older I care less and less about what others think and so am less bothered by it. It's nice to find out I can change it if I want to though.

/ Where Does Your "Handle" Come From? #74  
Wife's nickname for me. Depending on circumstances it can mean solid and well-rooted, or stubborn and unmoveable. :ROFLMAO: Either way it fits.
better than twiggy (y)

/ Where Does Your "Handle" Come From? #77  
I enjoy these forums as a nice distraction and a fun way to learn new things. Wanted to keep that fun aspect of it and not take myself too seriously.

Easy to stay humble with this as your screen name.

<----------

/ Where Does Your "Handle" Come From? #78  
Mine is from when I owned a 1969 Mercedes Benz 280SL in Dark Blue/over Dark Blue.
Sold it due to family needs, but I was active in car shows and street (timed) rallys for a while.
It was unrestored and needed work, which I did, very slowly.
Still miss having it 8 years later.
MBZ =Mercedes Benz and I am Ken

/ Where Does Your "Handle" Come From? #79  
Mine is from when I owned a 1969 Mercedes Benz 280SL in Dark Blue/over Dark Blue.
Sold it due to family needs, but I was active in car shows and street (timed) rallys for a while.

This is a conversation we have with the kids once in a while.

They see old pictures of us with a classic car or cool truck.

"You should never have sold that! It would be worth a fortune today!"

"Yes, kid. But you needed diapers and baby formula and we needed a station wagon, so we sold the cool car."

Helps the kids understand the sacrifices we made (as our parents made for us).