Where Does Your "Handle" Come From?

/ Where Does Your "Handle" Come From? #1  

Yogi05

Platinum Member
Tractor
TYM T25 Foton TB504
I'm guessing there may be some interesting stories behind people's handles.
Share 'em up.
Some may be obvious, others not.

I'll start, although it's not particularly interesting, I don't think it's actually as
obvious as some might think.

Decades ago, when I was much more hard outer shell than squishy middle, I was a formidable-looking
fellow with very long shaggy hair and beard.
Of course people started calling me grizzly adams, and then just grizzly and then griz.

At a neighbor's/good friend/hunting pal's house just poking around with stuff. There were several young lads around,
friends of his kids. Between 6 and 12 years old.
My friend asked me to hand him whatever tool he was asking for. He said "hey Griz, throw me that (whatever)."
The two ten year olds within ear shot stopped dead and said "what did you call him?"
Friend says "Griz - like grizzly".
Kid chuckles and says "more like a Yogi".
Friend says "Why's that?"
Kid turns to me.....
Kid "remember when we went to the drag races a couple weeks ago?"
Me "yeah"
Kid " and I said I was hungry?"
Me "yeah"
Kid " you pulled a peanut butter and jam sandwich out of your pocket, and it wasn't even in a sandwich bag?"
Me "yeah"
Kid "Yogi".

It stuck. Not so much any more, but I still run into a 35 year old here and there who still addresses me as Yogi even though
I have no idea who they are most times. But if they call me that it narrows it down to a particular decade, so I can assume.

Next???

/ Where Does Your "Handle" Come From? #2  
eating

/ Where Does Your "Handle" Come From? #5  
Former secretary to local ABATE (A Brotherhood Against Totalitarian Enactments) Chapter. Chapter folded. Wife put out a newsletter and called it Roadworthy. I hijacked the name.

/ Where Does Your "Handle" Come From? #6  
my first name. The 2615 comes from 2 tractors I used to own, a MF2615 and a Mahindra 2615.

/ Where Does Your "Handle" Come From? #7  
My first name last name translated in english … wasn’t my first try but all previous try was used and i am not very original with these kinds of things so …

Last edited:
   / Where Does Your "Handle" Come From? #8  
Dont use one, sorry. But if I did it would probably have to be A**hole.
Buddy of mine was building a house. He hired a young contractor from my area. When my buddy found out he was from my area he asked him if he knew me. The young man immediately said that I was an A**hole to which my buddy replied so you have met him.
Like I told my buddy somebody has to be the badman.