What TV did you watch as a kid?

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #81  
Watched my parents TV

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #82  
Our TV "broke" every spring, and didn't get fixed until fall.
Heh. One year, I was probably 12 or so, the picture tube in my parents' tv died. They didn't have the money to get it fixed right away, so it just sat for 6 months or so until they got around to getting it repaired. We all just found other things to do in the evening. After it got fixed it was a couple weeks before it occurred to anyone to turn it back on.
My parents never pulled tricks like removing a fuse to keep us from watching it. We always considered watching tv as an activity to do in the evening, but not the only activity.

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #83  
Our TV "broke" every spring, and didn't get fixed until fall. We were farmers, and Dad said there were better things to do in the summer than sit inside. It wasn't until I was in high school that I learned he was just pulling the fuse out of the back of the set. :sneaky:
When cable came to the neighborhood everyone signed up except dad.

Still remember the sales guy at the table saying no installation and one year starts at $7.95 per month.

Dad said he had better things to do with a hundred dollars and it wasn't spending it on the idiot box...

To this day they never got cable and neither have I...

Every rent house has cable and it's essential for subsidized housing... some pay $150 per month or more unless a friend hooks them up

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #84  
I think that the space opera with all the hot girls could have been UFO, it was early 70's but I couldn't find anything other than Lost in Space in that time frame.
Other good shows in that era: The Invaders, Twelve O'clock High, Time Tunnel, Here Come The Brides, Rat Patrol, Cimarron Strip, and the delightfully quirky Thurber-esque My World And Welcome To It.

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #85  
When cable came to the neighborhood everyone signed up except dad.

Still remember the sales guy at the table saying no installation and one year starts at $7.95 per month.

Dad said he had better things to do with a hundred dollars and it wasn't spending it on the idiot box...

Every rent house has cable and it's essential for subsidized housing... some pay $150 per month or more unless a friend hooks them up
What's cable?

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #86  
What's cable?
Not really sure as no experience to speak of...

Still Rabbit Ears at moms place and mine...

It kind of fits with mom's 1980 Zenith Console with VCR.

I get looks when the 65 flat screen is on 1950's rabbit ears :)
IMG_20220516_131736558.jpg

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #87  

But you live in the city where there should be plenty of reception with just an antenna. Not so much when you get even kind of out in the sticks.

When you say cable is essential for subsidized housing, do you mean that whatever agency subsidizes it requires landlords to provide it? You don't have to pay for it too do you, only make it available?

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #88  
But you live in the city where there should be plenty of reception with just an antenna. Not so much when you get even kind of out in the sticks.

When you say cable is essential for subsidized housing, do you mean that whatever agency subsidizes it requires landlords to provide it? You don't have to pay for it too do you, only make it available?
Yes... at least 80+ channels now with rabbit ears and nearly half are in English.

By essential with subsidized housing is I have to facilitate it which sometimes means installing/furnishing empty conduit to comply with city code prohibiting street exposure.

Funny thing is I managed a zero lot line 4-plex where the cable for another building ran on the front of the building I managed.... but my tenants not allowed to get cable due to the new ordinance which would have required trenching underground through the parking lot as a new install...

Being at an impass and to fully comply I removed the cable serving the adjoining apartment building running/stapled across my building.

Talk about action... 9 angry people lost cable... was able to get an exception granted with city and cable that afternoon... see the other building was grandfathered so they decided I was also grandfathered!!!

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #89  
Yes... at least 80+ channels now with rabbit ears and nearly half are in English.

By essential with subsidized housing is I have to facilitate it which sometimes means installing/furnishing empty conduit to comply with city code prohibiting street exposure.

Funny thing is I managed a zero lot line 4-plex where the cable for another building ran on the front of the building I managed.... but my tenants not allowed to get cable due to the new ordinance which would have required trenching underground through the parking lot as a new install...

Being at an impass and to fully comply I removed the cable serving the adjoining apartment building running/stapled across my building.

Talk about action... 9 angry people lost cable... was able to get an exception granted with city and cable that afternoon... see the other building was grandfathered so they decided I was also grandfathered!!!
Antenna on roof is required here. We don't live in town here.

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #90  
Maybe someone can remember a cartoon show. Even as a kid I thought it was a dumb cartoon. All I remember was it looked like they took a real persons mouth and projected into the cartoon as they talked.

Edit. Found it, called Clutch Cargo. It looks as bad today as it did then