What TV did you watch as a kid?

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #91  
We bought a new samsung TV about a month ago. We've got about 38-39 over the air channels. However, we also plugged it into our internet and get about 195 free channels through Samsung TV. I did not realize that came with the Samsung TVs. (y)

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #92  
I put up a lobby tv recently tied to internet and roof $20 Radio Shack antenna I bought in 1995.

It came with Roku and more.

Most of the time I run YouTube meditation of National Parks with favorite this month Washington and Oregon.

Lots of golden age TV on YouTube...

Last edited:
   / What TV did you watch as a kid? #93  
I forgot Lawrence Well...

Grandma would let us stay up if we we could be quiet and Enjoy the program and we were.

I did ask her if she had Tired Blood once as Geritol sponsored the program...

Ditto here.
The Lawrence Welk show came on too late, I never saw it until well after high school. That's when I realized what a friend was doing when we played Monopoly and he would count "A wunna, a twoa, a threea", as he advanced around the board.
My parents and grandparents would watch Bubble Man. I would leave the room when he was on TV. :ROFLMAO:

Up until the last year or so, The Lawrence Welk Show was on PBS every Saturday evening. I would see it would be on and let the first few minutes to play to make my wife cringe. :ROFLMAO: We would watch the show for a bit, remembering our grandparents always watching the show, before we had to change the channel. Some of the songs we could listen too but others not so much.

We always wondered could there be that many people who really watched The Lawrence Welk Show? I always liked to see Bubble Man on TV and it was sad when they took the show off the air.

Later,
Dan

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #94  
As I child watching TV Saturday morning, watched many previously listed per cartoons, the one I didn't see mentioned yet which I liked was the Magilla Gorilla show.

However, my all time favorite hasn't been mentioned yet. I'd like to think that my parents instilled in me to watch "Quality TV" as a child 😁

May I present Ultraman

Oh My. Ultraman! :ROFLMAO:

We lived for a time in Atlanta and there were four TV stations! Woot! ABC, NBC and CBS PLUS TBS! Yes, TBS before cable! 😁 I would mostly watch TBS because it had Our Gang, cartoons, Gilligan's Island, Adams Family, and ULTRAMAN! Never saw many episodes of Ultraman for some reason. Seems like the episodes moved around but it was a show I wanted to watch for some reason.

We did a school trip to see the TBS "station" which was a ranch house with a large basement in the woods somewhere. There was a big broadcast antennae and the house had a walk out basement. I expected more. :ROFLMAO: At the same time, Jimmy Carter was Governor of the state and we did a class trip to the Governor's Mansion. Walking around the back of the mansion, there was a regular, rather cheap, swing set right near the building for Amy Carter to use. We did not see the Carter's on the trip but seeing the swing set was interesting. It was out of place, and did not fit in, but there it was. 😁

Last edited:
   / What TV did you watch as a kid? #95  
I would visit my grand parents during the summer and one grandmother would watch TV during the day but they other did not. The grandmother that watched TV would watch Mike Douglas, Merv Griffith and a bunch of the game shows. She would never watch the Soap Operas which seem to be mostly gone at this point.

I remember when Tiger Woods was on Mike Douglas. Tiger's father was there talking a bit, as did Tiger who I think hit some golf balls in the studio. I paid a bit off attention to Tiger for some reason when he was on the show, maybe because he was a kid on TV. 😁

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #97  
The sad thing is that we watch old TV reruns more than "new" shows. We just don't watch the major TV networks at all. No reason too. The only "new" show we watch is Big Bang Theory and Young Sheldon which we buy on DVD.

Watching the Tonight Show reruns with Carson is not only entertaining but also history. The stuff that was said on the show would trigger too many people today....

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #98  
When I was very little, my mom would always be sewing or painting or typing. I'd be laying in a crib on the floor, and later just playing with my trucks and cars on the floor wherever she was. She would only turn the TV on to watch news during the day, other wise it was the local AM radio station. I mostly remember Paul Harvey. Stand by, for nEWS!

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #99  
Good Day!

At least I think that is what he said?

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #100  
Good Day!

At least I think that is what he said?
Yes, but only after telling us-
The REST of the Stor-ay.

What was the name of the cartoon mouse on the motorcycle? Also, what was the name of the cartoon he was in?