What TV did you watch as a kid?

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #101  
Re subsidized housing---
Since many of them don't or won't work anyway all they do is smoke drink and watch TV all day.
On the other hand if you do rent to them be sure to collect rent on that due date. (in cash)

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #102  
We bought a new samsung TV about a month ago. We've got about 38-39 over the air channels. However, we also plugged it into our internet and get about 195 free channels through Samsung TV. I did not realize that came with the Samsung TVs. (y)
I think we were a little early to the party when we bought our tv maybe 6 years ago (a Vizio). It had several pre-loaded links to stream sites, but except for I-heart radio they all required a paid subscription. Don't think there's a way to load others onto it. We just got a Roku box and never used the ones in the tv. Many newer tvs have Roku software built in.
When I was very little, my mom would always be sewing or painting or typing. I'd be laying in a crib on the floor, and later just playing with my trucks and cars on the floor wherever she was. She would only turn the TV on to watch news during the day, other wise it was the local AM radio station. I mostly remember Paul Harvey. Stand by, for nEWS!
How long was he on for? I don't recall hearing him much before the mid-ish 80s.

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #103  
1951 to 2008 for the rest of the story...

He also had prior gigs...

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #104  
I think we were a little early to the party when we bought our tv maybe 6 years ago (a Vizio). It had several pre-loaded links to stream sites, but except for I-heart radio they all required a paid subscription. Don't think there's a way to load others onto it. We just got a Roku box and never used the ones in the tv. Many newer tvs have Roku software built in.

How long was he on for? I don't recall hearing him much before the mid-ish 80s.
As mentioned, it was 60ish years.

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #105  
Tugboat Annie, Mighty Mouse, Untouchables with Robert Stack came much later. Hockey night in Canada and of course everyone loved Bonanza.

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #106  
My guitar playing buddy and I were guests on a local TV show, "The Prissy Thomas Show", because we won a talent contest. Fess Parker was also a guest that day, and we got to meet him. Up close, it was obvious that he had experienced some trauma; he had a long scar, starting at the edge of his jaw just below his ear, and running down his chin. I researched it later; and found out that he had gotten into an auto accident and the other guy went nuts and tried to cut his throat.
Hard to believe after watching all the bears he killed and the Indian fights he had as Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone, that one crazy person could cut him up like that.

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #107  
I've never seen that one. I've been less than happy about Walter Brennan since my Nez Perce friends filled me in on his personal life. He hated Indians with the fire of a thousand sons. He had a ranch at Joseph, which was named after Chief Joseph, but wanted to wipe the natives from the face of the earth.
It is awful hard to judge a person who lived in a different time and political climate by 2022 standards. Many people were great heroes in their time according to the population at that time but if you judge them by 2022 (PC) standards, they fail to meet our 2022 moralities. Almost every president we have had has done something where he is castigated by todays standards and also all of our early explorers like Christopher Columbus. Jackson, Jefferson, Washington, you name them, all have people wanting to tear down their statues because they did not act by 2022 standards. President Lyndon Johnson who signed the famous Civil Rights act always in his speeches referred to them as nigras because that was the accepted southern way of saying negros but now is an ethic slur but was never at that time meant that way.
The majority of the people who lived at the time thought the people who nailed Jesus to the cross were righteous.

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #108  
It is awful hard to judge a person who lived in a different time and political climate by 2022 standards. Many people were great heroes in their time according to the population at that time but if you judge them by 2022 (PC) standards, they fail to meet our 2022 moralities. Almost every president we have had has done something where he is castigated by todays standards and also all of our early explorers like Christopher Columbus. Jackson, Jefferson, Washington, you name them, all have people wanting to tear down their statues because they did not act by 2022 standards. President Lyndon Johnson who signed the famous Civil Rights act always in his speeches referred to them as nigras because that was the accepted southern way of saying negros but now is an ethic slur but was never at that time meant that way.
The majority of the people who lived at the time thought the people who nailed Jesus to the cross were righteous.
Amen! Also, the people that they supposedly oppressed were as bad or worse.

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #109  
I'm not big on the "everybody did it back then" excuse. There were decent people and monsters back then too. Nobody ever claimed Columbus was a decent person, even in the 16th century. We have a town in my state named after General Phil "the only good Indian is a dead Indian" Sheridan. Himmler modeled his extermination camps after the US reservation system. Nobody ought to be celebrating that, no matter what century you were born in.

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #110  
I'm not big on the "everybody did it back then" excuse. There were decent people and monsters back then too. Nobody ever claimed Columbus was a decent person, even in the 16th century. We have a town in my state named after General Phil "the only good Indian is a dead Indian" Sheridan. Himmler modeled his extermination camps after the US reservation system. Nobody ought to be celebrating that, no matter what century you were born in.
If you have read anything about the Indian wars, you know that they were cruel beyond imagination. I can see where killing women and children and desecrating their bodies might affect your opinion of your enemy.