What to Look for in Zero Turn Mower

/ What to Look for in Zero Turn Mower #71  
I purchased my first ZT this year to mow around 4 acres of my yard. I went with the Spartan mower with Kawasaki engine because two family members have them and really like them. They are built very well. With that said, I absolutely hate having a ZT now.... I can't drink beer and mow anymore. May have to get one of them helmet thingys that holds canned drinks with a straw that wraps around... :unsure:
My Walker steers with one hand, the right hand is used to change your set speed. You can turn, stop, and reverse with your left hand.

/ What to Look for in Zero Turn Mower #72  
It took me a bit to get used to the controls, but now I'm fine with them.
In a few weeks, you'll be able to do a veritable high-speed ballet. I see some of the homeowner ZT's coming with steering wheels now, and I just can't imagine how that can work as well as the classic levers. Sometimes I even impress myself, when skirting around objects at speed, on the ZT. :D

• Good Post
Reactions: D&D
   / What to Look for in Zero Turn Mower #73  
I ended up getting a used Z530R from the local JD dealer. I know it's not quite a commercial unit, but it seemed decent. I mowed with it the other day and it worked well. Certainly much faster than my rider mower.

It took me a bit to get used to the controls, but now I'm fine with them. It also goes up and down hills just as well as my rider, if not a little better.

That looks like a really nice machine! Check out the donaldson air filter kits available for the FR/FS Kawasaki engines, that was my only gripe with my FR was the stock filter setup, it was constantly plugged.

air2.jpg