Oil & Fuel What is this indicator for? YM2820D

/ What is this indicator for? YM2820D #1  

Shoe66

Tractor
Yanmar 2820D
Hello All,
I am a newbie here and also a newbie to the Tractor/Yanmar scene. I just picked up a YM2820D the other day and have already ordered the manuals, but I have an indicator on and do not want to wait for the books to figure it out. Please excuse the quality of the pic, but I need to know what the middle indicator is on the top row (it is not lit in the pic). Any ideas what could be causing it to come on? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
dash ind.jpg

/ What is this indicator for? YM2820D #2  
The YM2620 and the YM2820 are related tractors. I've poked around some and have not seen this on the gauges faceplate. Is this located nearby?

The lower left is the radiator. The upper right is not clear in the photo.

BTW, does your model have the rear gate/panel behind the seat and before the 3-pt arms? If so, there is a cab that fits onto your model.

/ What is this indicator for? YM2820D #3  
Just a WAG - that could be a representation of a gear, so maybe indicates 4x4, PTO, or Creeper gear engaged???

/ What is this indicator for? YM2820D
Thanks for the input bmaverick, I took the pic with the key in the on and not started position, so some are lit because of that. I have found compareable gage icons (basically the gear) that reference transmission oil. I have found nothing that is an exact match though. I am fairly certain it wasn't on when I bought it, the low battery fluid level was on for sure, but I put a jumper in so that would no longer stay lit.

It does have a panel behind the seat, but I probably would not go the cab route. I like everything being open, I do need to get a roll bar on though!

Good point, 4x4 didn't work when I got it, but was able to repair the pinion end on the front axle and reset the bearings into the driveshaft. Now that u said that, I first noticed the light after the repair, while riding in 4x4. I will have to check it out tomorrow, thanks for the help!

/ What is this indicator for? YM2820D #6  
Hello All,
I am a newbie here and also a newbie to the Tractor/Yanmar scene. I just picked up a YM2820D the other day and have already ordered the manuals, but I have an indicator on and do not want to wait for the books to figure it out. Please excuse the quality of the pic, but I need to know what the middle indicator is on the top row (it is not lit in the pic). Any ideas what could be causing it to come on? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
View attachment 415226
Don't expect to get much help from the manuals on the gauges. They will not be for your exact model.

/ What is this indicator for? YM2820D #7  
Don't expect to get much help from the manuals on the gauges. They will not be for your exact model.

That is so true normde. :( The Murray Publishing manuals are so generic with little valued info. eBay has the re-printed OE manuals from $8 to $50. If you understand Japanese, good luck with them. Now, the parts manuals in Japaneses could be of some value due to the diagrams, charts and numerical English values used.

Now, the REAL winner of getting a Yanmar that is the sibling to a John Deere with the same Yanmar engine type is key. Those service manuals provide 85% good content or better. :thumbsup: This is way better than nothing-at-all.

As for this YM2820D the base engine is the 3T90. If the engine has a turbo, then it's a 3T90T. Some have the markings of 3T90T-J. The John Deere 950 has the 3T90J engine. The JD 1050 has the turbo. Two service manuals would cover the YM2820D if it has a turbo. The JD 850/950 booklet and the JD 1050 booklet. If no turbo, then the JD 850/950 booklet would do.

Thank you all for the info! Are the manuals Hoye sells any better than the the general stuff out there? I figured they would be the best way to go since they apparently restore a lot of these tractors.

I checked it out today, and the light is still on. Rechecked the oil levels, I engaged and disengaged the 4x4, PTO, in and out of gears, moved around, and no changes.

I did take the time to take a better picture- and if I could read and understand Japanese I don't think I would be having this issue with figuring out what the indicator means LOL...

Thanks again for any help on this,

indicator2.jpg

/ What is this indicator for? YM2820D #9  
Sure don't know what it says but the symbol indicates low gear oil. Surely someone will translate it. :thumbsup:

That's what I was thinking, but the trans dipstick shows full, is there a dipstick/ plug I am missing somewhere? I got the front axle and trans dipstick in front of the drivers seat. Anywhere else? If not I guess I'll be chasing wires tomorrow.