What is the coldest you have ever been ?

/ What is the coldest you have ever been ? #101  
Not the coldest but the dumbest I've been in the cold. About -20 figured it would be a great idea to take my previous city wife snowmobiling in the Northwoods. That was almost 20 yrs ago she is now known to me as my "ex city wife" lol

/ What is the coldest you have ever been ? #102  
I was dreading going to work one AM when it was around -20. Went out to my truck and it wouldn't start. I took that to be a sign from God and stayed home that day.

/ What is the coldest you have ever been ? #103  
Cold is relative.

I've spent January in Tobolsk Russia which is in Siberia. I've been on a North Sea oil platform that lost hotel services and had to pile on the blankets at night. And, I've slept in tents during the winter snowstorms with the boy scouts back before they fell to ruin.

But right now I'm spending time at my sister's place as we attempt to clean out my brother's house after his passing. She can't stand to have the house above 65'F in the day and it drops to 55'F at night with the heat off. Her registers are all in the ceiling so the heat is fine from your waist up if you're standing. My brother's heat doesn't work at his place and it's been in the 30's during the day.

So, while it's not all that cold in reality, I swear to God I don't think I've ever been this cold this long. Particularly my feet.

Living on the Texas Gulf coast has definitely thinned my blood these past 30 years.

/ What is the coldest you have ever been ? #105  
Christmas Tree Shagging in the Pacific Northwest is a sight to see. You are working very hard, and conditions sometimes are just right, that you are just hot enough to cause a vapor around you. So every one has this cloud of vapors coming off their body. It was surreal. We are all making this little cloud of vapor around us. It would trail, if you walked, like a vale behind you. It wasn't cold to us, yet the visuals are near indescribable to relate. Every one was like a god giving off this presence of warm bodied life. :)

/ What is the coldest you have ever been ? #106  
I was dreading going to work one AM when it was around -20. Went out to my truck and it wouldn't start. I took that to be a sign from God and stayed home that day.
Sounds like a Tuesday.
5E31D45F-ACBF-4EA6-8CAD-CF8CD9D51E38.jpeg

/ What is the coldest you have ever been ? #107  
I'm not sure what you do, but back then I drove to the jobsite, struck out on a compass bearing and worked all day, walking back to a cold truck at the end. Often there wouldn't be another soul around for 6 miles or more. I also didn't check in with anybody at the end of the day. It's one thing to not have the truck start in the morning. If it doesn't start at the end of the day, that could quickly become life threatening.

/ What is the coldest you have ever been ? #108  
I've been in cold weather when vapor from breathing freezes instantaneously when exposed to the environment and you spit and it freezes before it hits the ground. Worked on framing crews quit working not because of it being to cold for workers but the compressor air hoses and nail guns would continuously freeze even with liberal amounts of antifreeze.

/ What is the coldest you have ever been ? #109  
Christmas Tree Shagging in the Pacific Northwest is a sight to see. You are working very hard, and conditions sometimes are just right, that you are just hot enough to cause a vapor around you. So every one has this cloud of vapors coming off their body. It was surreal. We are all making this little cloud of vapor around us. It would trail, if you walked, like a vale behind you. It wasn't cold to us, yet the visuals are near indescribable to relate. Every one was like a god giving off this presence of warm bodied life. :)
We used to get something like that playing basketball outdoors in the winter. You're all bundled up and start playing around. Then you start heating up. Then you start taking jackets and gloves off. Your hands are steaming. Then the sweat pours through your shirt and your entire body is steaming. It looked cool under the lights.

/ What is the coldest you have ever been ? #110  
I've been in cold weather when vapor from breathing freezes instantaneously when exposed to the environment and you spit and it freezes before it hits the ground. Worked on framing crews quit working not because of it being to cold for workers but the compressor air hoses and nail guns would continuously freeze even with liberal amounts of antifreeze.
At -20 or so we get what we call “diamond dust”. It is the humidity that is in the air and it freezes. So it is like snow even tho there is not a cloud in the sky.
FC0DAE08-C85B-4348-9CE0-A87A538068C4.jpeg