What is the coldest you have ever been ?

/ What is the coldest you have ever been ? #1  

kevin37b

Veteran Member
Tractor
john deere
Boss sent me out to pick up a rental telehandler in JAN of last year . No glass, door etc . Drove 4.5 miles into 30 MPH. wind . By the time I arrived I was so ffing cold , feet were froze , ice on my face . Iwent with the wind on the way back , but I was an icecube for 2 days .

/ What is the coldest you have ever been ? #2  
Years ago, skiing in Wisconsin. High temperature about -20F. I quit halfway through the day when a metal part on one of the ski bindings shattered apparently due to the cold.

/ What is the coldest you have ever been ? #3  
It was years ago my Son and I were Coyote hunting in a Swamp about 1/2 mile from house,we crossed this creek and pushed the swamp on way back crossed in our own boot tracks,son went first and I followed and half way a crossed broke thru up to my Armpits.It was Jan and -20 below.The clothes froze stiff instantly I made it Home but I couldnt go any further,Hypothermia was setting in.I got in to hot bath and just shook.If I had to walk another 1/4 mile I wouldnt have made it.

/ What is the coldest you have ever been ? #4  
I almost got cold once when I was 16. I was driving home in a blizzard, bringing Mom a gallon of milk from the store, and the snow drift over the road was too big for my '63 chevy to cross so I had to walk the last mile to get home. If the wind wasn't behind me, I am pretty sure I would have gotten cold that day. I decided that was never going to happen again and I have had winter survival gear in every vehicle since.

When I got home, the old farm house had 3 extra families for the night that got stranded from the other direction. But they only had to walk about 150 yards. I was envious.

/ What is the coldest you have ever been ? #5  
-50F in Alberta winter of 1979 West wind blowing at around 20-30mph. I had to stop and put a makeshift winter front (cardboard oil case) on my truck (318 Detroit) so I could get some heat in the cab. Frost bit all 8 fingers. I was smart enough to cut the wire for the cardboard in the cab, rather than outside, but I couldn't bend the wire with gloves on.

/ What is the coldest you have ever been ? #6  
30 years ago 3 friends and I were backpacking a mountain range in July. At 9000 feet a low cloud moved in and it started to sleet then turned to snow. I got cold enough achieve hypothermia. If it weren't for my friends and their knowledge of how to deal with this situation, I wouldn't be here today. I never, never want that feeling again.

/ What is the coldest you have ever been ? #7  
Back when I lived in the Philippines (Navy) it would dip down to 75 degrees during rainy season, had to bundle up at night.

mark

/ What is the coldest you have ever been ? #8  
Marching sentry around the US Navy Radar class 'B' school on Treasure Island, in San Francisco Bay, in January 1966, 4:00 - 6:00 AM watch.

Temps in the 20's, with a damp, fog and spray laden wind coming right under the Golden Gate Bridge until the wind collided with Treasure Island. Wind gusted to 40 mph.

I wore every item of uniform in my kit. Still thought I would die before I was relieved.

/ What is the coldest you have ever been ? #9  
Lars year 3 of us and our wives left at 11:00 am to go watch a Patriots game at one of the restarunt/bars outside Foxboro stadium. When we left it was 45* and rising slowly. We stayed there till about 8pm and it was about 15* and dropping rapidly. The stadium is about a 40 mile ride from home and it was painfully cold. When I got home I jumped into the shower for about 30 minutes.. Full hot and still went to bed cold.

/ What is the coldest you have ever been ? #10  
Back when I lived in the Philippines (Navy) it would dip down to 75 degrees during rainy season, had to bundle up at night.

mark

My Gosh! I am surprised you made it out alive!!!!!