What is the coldest you have ever been ?

/ What is the coldest you have ever been ? #161  
Temps don't bother me, I can dress for anything.....except hot summer days, cops get involved then...lol

It's the wind that sucks.

/ What is the coldest you have ever been ? #162  
Can't say I like 20+ below for days at a time, but I do miss real winter. And snow. Especially snow.
It's been so long since I've seen that that I've forgotten what it's like. If it ever comes back I'll have to buy a new woodstove... one which allows me to clean the ashes from beneath. Even today the firebox is half full of coals... but it's warm in here!

/ What is the coldest you have ever been ? #163  
I was cleaning out my garage in Spokane one fine winter day and figured I'd run my Harley (1200 sporty I had at the time) for a while while I was doing stuff

then I'm like screw this, I'll just hop on for a quick ride

levis
tshirt under the basic leather jacket
not winter gloves
0*F

only rode for about 20 minutes, my skin was on fire it from the chilly air blast, I got home before I went hypothermic and took a hot shower

/ What is the coldest you have ever been ? #164  
It was winter 77 or 78.
I was 16-17.
Lost my driving priviliges so I was doing a lot of walking.
Went to a party with friends in someones car.
Clothing, tight jeans, light disco shirt, short leather jacket, disco style shoes.
I was hanging around trying to pickup a girl when my ride left.
I set out around 3am on about a 5 mile walk back home. It was 0 F and snowing and wind.
Nobody to hitch with, kept on walking and walking. My thighs were starting to burn, couldn't feel my fingers or toes. Lucky I was a long hair so my ears didn't suffer to badly.
By the time I made it to the backdoor I couldn't put the key in the door. Good thing the dog woke everybody up and I more or less fell in.
Sober, just frozen, couldn't stop shaking for like ever.
When I could finally get undressed and took a warm shower anybody looking at me would have thought I was a girl.

My wedding tackle had retreated that far up.
Took me the whole next day to feel better.
Lots of hot chocolate and noodle soup.
Strangely enough no frostbite damage. Lucky, young and stupid.
If I had been in a similar situation for some reason at 40 years + I'd have died in the ditch.
I did get my driving priviliges back. Thanks Mom.

/ What is the coldest you have ever been ? #165  
We were camping in Banff in mid November one year. It was about -20c and everything was fine. The cold front was coming and -25 to -30 was in the forecast so we headed back towards home on the west coast. The cold caught up with us the following night when we stopped. We awoke to the camper frozen up inside. The truck started after a few cycles of the grid heater But it wasn’t happy. Best guess was the temp was about -40 based on how frozen the inside of the camper was and the thermometer at the 1st coffee shop we found to get warmed up in. Cam

/ What is the coldest you have ever been ? #166  
-50F in Alberta winter of 1979 West wind blowing at around 20-30mph. I had to stop and put a makeshift winter front (cardboard oil case) on my truck (318 Detroit) so I could get some heat in the cab. Frost bit all 8 fingers. I was smart enough to cut the wire for the cardboard in the cab, rather than outside, but I couldn't bend the wire with gloves on.
Dangerously cold! Deadly cold! I can only hope I never experience anything like that.

/ What is the coldest you have ever been ? #167  
I was cleaning out my garage in Spokane one fine winter day and figured I'd run my Harley (1200 sporty I had at the time) for a while while I was doing stuff

then I'm like screw this, I'll just hop on for a quick ride

levis
tshirt under the basic leather jacket
not winter gloves
0*F

only rode for about 20 minutes, my skin was on fire it from the chilly air blast, I got home before I went hypothermic and took a hot shower
Did something like that once myself. It was a late March day not too cold (mid 20s maybe). Had to run some errands, figured I'd save on gas (this was in '74...odd-even gas rationing in effect) and take the bike. I wasn't dressed a whole lot warmer than you were, man was that cold!!

/ What is the coldest you have ever been ? #168  
Did something like that once myself. It was a late March day not too cold (mid 20s maybe). Had to run some errands, figured I'd save on gas (this was in '74...odd-even gas rationing in effect) and take the bike. I wasn't dressed a whole lot warmer than you were, man was that cold!!
It was so cold that in the moment it didn't feel cold, really strange sensation. Not advised...

/ What is the coldest you have ever been ? #169  
It was so cold that in the moment it didn't feel cold, really strange sensation. Not advised...
Had that happen to me i don't think some people understand that sensation unless it's happened to them.
I do feel if you ever get that cold it's time to pull it together and get warm ASAP.

/ What is the coldest you have ever been ? #170  
Had that happen to me i don't think some people understand that sensation unless it's happened to them.
I do feel if you ever get that cold it's time to pull it together and get warm ASAP.
That's a sign that hypothermia is setting in.