What is it with Harley riders?

/ What is it with Harley riders? #402  
Wife raced a '68 Camaro with a Pontiac 455 (468) bracket car. Very consistent.
Mine was a '68 Javelin 401 (406) AMC SS/B
Yes...as Moss said, racing you quickly realize is the "battle of the fat wallet" I thought. Bracket gives everyone a chance.
That can be bad also. I remember an older lady in a Mercury station wagon who would actually stop at the high end...inches from tripping the light and wait. Some fast car would come flying up and at the last second nail it! She won lots of times. So if her car ran, say, a 17.5 she would dial in a 15...knowing she'd never break out. An 8 second car would have to spot her...wait until she was close to finish where she waited!

/ What is it with Harley riders? #404  
Actually, I believe there are laws requiring them to be no louder than stock. It's just one of those laws which are hard to enforce
It's not hard to enforce, they just choose not to enforce it for the amount of bad publicity and backlash from biker groups that support their local law enforcement agencies.

/ What is it with Harley riders? #405  
Spent a couple very enjoyable hours on the KLR650 this mid day, putting around on gravel roads in the area I live.
Maybe encountered three cars. IIRC.

Sunny and warm... Two wheels is an ideal way to explore heaven....;-)

I spent a couple of less enjoyable hours trying to make an XT350 run. Did not succeed all the way. My leg is tired from kicking it over.
Everything else I have is not really gravel-friendly.

Maybe I can get some knobbies on that XS and pretend it's a scrambler... :D

/ What is it with Harley riders? #406  
It's not hard to enforce, they just choose not to enforce it for the amount of bad publicity and backlash from biker groups that support their local law enforcement agencies.
Agreed. I actually think this would be one of the easiest laws or ordinances to enforce, for anyone with at least one working eyeball and/or a sound level meter app on their smartphone.

/ What is it with Harley riders? #407  
But you have to surrender your man card before you do that... Nobody wants that trade off
You already surrendered your man card by buying a bike to look tough. If you have to look tough you ain't tough.

/ What is it with Harley riders? #409  
So where does one get a man card?, does it go in the pocket of a Sons of Anarchy leather vest?

I don't know, I can't say I've ever had a man card; I've got two kids that look like me, that's the only proof anyone needs that I'm a man. 🤣

I'm not here to impress anyone, let alone other men.

/ What is it with Harley riders? #410  
Most times I wear my man card on my hip... Kimber full size 45 acp semi auto. Man card enough IMO. Nice thing about this state is you can open carry or carry concealed. I prefer OC myself.