What is it with Harley riders?

/ What is it with Harley riders? #411  
Agreed. I actually think this would be one of the easiest laws or ordinances to enforce, for anyone with at least one working eyeball and/or a sound level meter app on their smartphone.
Sound level meter has to be calibrated, documented, etc. And they pretty much have to be caught in the act.

/ What is it with Harley riders? #412  
Sound level meter has to be calibrated, documented, etc. And they pretty much have to be caught in the act.
Yeah, I thought of that after posting, but left the post alone, as none of these seem like insurmountable hurdles to organizations already handling calibrated laser speed detection equipment. Heck, with the amount of tech built onto police interceptor vehicles today, a sound level meter in the front grill with yearly calibration hardly seems like it'd leave a mark in the budget.

/ What is it with Harley riders? #413  
Two wheels is an ideal way to explore heaven....;-)
Unfortunately, also a good way to get there... :cry:

My bike riding days are long gone.

/ What is it with Harley riders? #414  
Yeah, I thought of that after posting, but left the post alone, as none of these seem like insurmountable hurdles to organizations already handling calibrated laser speed detection equipment. Heck, with the amount of tech built onto police interceptor vehicles today, a sound level meter in the front grill with yearly calibration hardly seems like it'd leave a mark in the budget.

Sound level meters, window tint meters, radars, lasers.... all of them have to be calibrated, documented, and the operators certified, pretty sure.

Otherwise, it's just a mean old cop telling my client's kid his motorcycle is too loud.

/ What is it with Harley riders? #415  
Unfortunately, also a good way to get there... :cry:

My bike riding days are long gone.
Falls in the home would be your big concern then. Take CARE!

/ What is it with Harley riders? #416  
I was riding a Dualsport event with a couple of friends. As soon as we were off a trail and on a dirt road , we were stopped by Rangers . they checked exhaust sound levels, tires for DOT stamp, license, registration, lights, horn, missing emission equipment. none of us were cited but they wrote everything down . Then when we got to the first pavement section we were stopped again by law enforcement, who ran our plates and licenses. Again we were not cited and allowed to continue. Later I found out the promotor had burnt his relationship with local law enforcement and the agency that was providing the permit.

/ What is it with Harley riders? #417  
I was riding a Dualsport event with a couple of friends. As soon as we were off a trail and on a dirt road , we were stopped by Rangers . they checked exhaust sound levels, tires for DOT stamp, license, registration, lights, horn, missing emission equipment. none of us were cited but they wrote everything down . Then when we got to the first pavement section we were stopped again by law enforcement, who ran our plates and licenses. Again we were not cited and allowed to continue. Later I found out the promotor had burnt his relationship with local law enforcement and the agency that was providing the permit.
If only you had been on a Harley!

;-)

/ What is it with Harley riders? #418  
Whenever the loud and abnoxious Harley riders pass by I find great solace in rewatching this scene from the great Yellowstone drama. Justs a reminder, that no Harley riders were injured in the filming of this scene.